Monday, February 8, 2016

Big Guns

I know I've already said too much today but I'm gonna share a favorite record anyways.
This week it's going to be my second favorite one...
I was lucky I found it online on eBay, from a man in Germany, in a condition that makes me wonder if anyone ever even listened to it and at a really low price. Which lately is a miracle because the prices on vinyls are insane. And let me tell you something. I am completly and totally obsessed with it. All of the songs on this record are absolutely and totally perfect. So much more on vinyl. I had a CD before but the sound quality doesn't come near a good old vinyl. This album is a classic and belongs into every single music collection. I don't even care if you're not into metal, you don't have to be to appreciate this music. Bach's voice is absolutely flawless and he really makes these songs alive. It's easy to see why Skid Row stood out in the crowd of all those bands that would come and go at the time. I love that the songs don't all sound the same and there is no ''filler'' on this record, you can expect to enjoy and love every single song. I love how they could start out a song nice & slow, almost innocent, and then in a matter of a second, turn it into magnificent bombastic heavy metal sound. Like 18 and life. I love the honest truth of Youth gone wild and Can't stand the heartache. And don't even get me started on those vocals....have you noticed how many heavy metal singers actually have these high pitched screechy voices while Sebastian's voice remains just as perfect when he does any high note or any ''heavy metal screech''. I think he doesn't get enough credit and I think he is one of the greatest rock 'n' roll singers of all time. Not to mention Snake because that solo on Here I am is absolutely amazing. The guys are amazing musicians and this record is just that, an amazing record with heart and soul and it makes my heart hurt knowing they couldn't keep it together. Not saying the new singer is bad but honestly he is no Sebastian Bach. I'm sorry but that's just what it is. Favorite song? Hm. Too hard to pick with the entire albums sounding the way it sounds but I think it's going to have to be Big guns. It was the first song I ever heard and I was completly totally blown away. Love at first sight? Or should I say love at first note or something? Either way it was love. And I am positive if you'd get it you'd love it too because it is absolutely amazing and well worth your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment