Monday, February 22, 2016

I'm on fire

"Something else is hurting you, that’s why you need pot or whiskey, or screaming music turned so fucking loud you can’t think."
This is a quote of wisdom someone shared with me this weekend. Originally by Charles Bukowski I believe. And it's the god honest truth. That's why I love music. You get so lost in it you forget the world around you exists. It's so much easier putting on your music and ignore the world. People are just too much work. Everyone is so angry, everyone's opinions always have to be right. Everything always has to be a debate. Well guess what? Sometimes words are just words. They don't mean anything. There's no secret motive, no hidden agenda. Sometimes words are words and that's all there is to it. Maybe I'm tired of saying I'm fine all the time and people just going along with it because we're all programed to hide what we really feel or think...or maybe I'm just tired in general because things are just getting out of hand. Everything is a struggle, everything is a fight lately and to be fair I am completly done with it. What would Bruce Springsteen say to that?
The times are tough now, just getting tougher, this old world is rough, it's just getting rougher cover me, come on baby, cover me. Well I'm looking for a lover who will come on in and cover me. Promise me baby you won't let them find us, hold me in your arms, let's let our love blind us cover me, shut the door and cover me. Well I'm looking for a lover who will come on in and cover me.
Outside's the rain, the driving snow I can hear the wild wind blowing turn out the light, bolt the door I ain't going out there no more.
This whole world is out there just trying to score I've seen enough I don't want to see any more, cover me, come on and cover me, I'm looking for a lover who will come on in and cover me, looking for a lover who will come on in and cover me.
Y'all probably know the Boss is on a tour right now. ''The River'' tour, which believe me I can't form words that would describe my excitment. Maybe something along the lines of ''ASDFGHJKL'' and even that doesn't come close. I love him, I mean he's THE BOSS after all and The River is next to this record my absolute favorite one. I've seen the Boss back in 2012 when he was on his ''Wrecking ball tour''. Still get goose bumps thinking about it now. It was absolutely totally completly mind blowing. Over 50,000 people singing as loud as they can, the little speech he gave about people we've lost and miss everyday how they're still with us, no matter what, the piano solo he played, his E street band. Totally completly perfect nothing short of it. I think it's so cute when his wife is actually in the band with him and he goes ''is there a red headed woman in the house tonight?'' cute. Boss is my mom's favorite musician, she's been obsessed with him for like 30 years no joke. It's kinda the same love as me and Motley, Skid and Guns. THAT bad yeah. Though she's lucky. Boss remained the same while in my bands Vince left for a while, they broke up now, Sebastian is no longer a part of Skid for way too long and Guns...well we know that story, yet it seems like a part of my heart is being put back together now. Hah. Anyways back to Boss. I get why she loves him because I completly totally adore him. The voice, the lyrics, the music. Did y'all notice how perfect the Wrecking ball album is? He understands. If nobody else does. He does. This world is completly fucked up and if anyone knows that Bruce does. But anyways, Born in the U.S.A. is one of my favorite albums of all times, I could listen to it over and over again and never get tired of it. And also it holds my favorite Springsteen song. That one is hard to pick because come on have you heard a bad song by the Boss? I think not...yet for some reason my favorite song is and always will be ''Cover me''. I've seen enough and don't want to see no more too.
Here's a little memory from seeing Bruce years ago. Looking forward to be adding another ticket to this one. Can't wait to see you again Bruce!
Hey, little girl, is your daddy home? Did he go and leave you all alone? I got a bad desire, oh, I'm on fire.
Tell me now, baby, is he good to you? And can he do to you the things that I do? Oh, no. I can take you higher, oh, I'm on fire.
Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby, edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley through the middle of my skull.
At night I wake up with the sheets soaking wet and a freight train running through the middle of my head. Only you can cool my desire, oh, I'm on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment