Monday, February 1, 2016

Music Mondays

You know what I realized? I bet you're just dying to know another ''inteligent'' thing I come up with huh? Hah. I'm kidding. No but seriously. I thought these monday friday posts are a good idea, so I actually take time, sit down and write, instead of just randomly spamming the hell out of you, all days of the week. Well turns out it's not such a brilliant idea. Why? More then once I found myself sitting next to my laptop staring at the blank page without actually knowing what to write. And it's frustrating as fuck. I never considered myself a good writer. I kept a blog to write down shit I didn't want to forget. The good, the bad, sometimes the ugly as well but by no means am I a writer. I'm an artist though and if I understand one thing I understand that you can't force inspiration. I don't like ''frames'', ''boxes'', ''labels''. Those are stupid. I can't stand when people tell me ''oh you should paint...'' NO. No I shouldn't. I can draw pretty flowers and butterflies and bunnies if I want to but I can also draw bleeding zombies with their guts out spilling on the ground. My choice. That's what I hate most about art schools around here. They don't give you any freedom. They don't give you a theme and say do whatever the fuck you want just stay on this topic. No. They put you in a god damn box, saying you got to do this excatly like this. What? No. You can't judge my drawing ability by how well I can draw a central projection of a room. I will not be an architect. I'm an artist. A portrait artist. I like drawing people, animals, cemeterys. And I'm good at it. I get so fucking frustrated when someone judges my talent by how well I drew a room. Fuck you. Honestly. Fuck you. See this is what's wrong with people. Boxes. If you judge an inteligence of a fish by it's ability to climb a tree it's going to spend all it's life thinking it's stupid. And that just aint right. Just because some people can't do something others can does not make them stupid, it does not take away their talent to do something else. And this really angers me. People put people in their stupid frames, judging them when they can't do something. It's absolute insanity. Here's the deal, I suck at sports. Absolutely completly totally suck at sports. So what? That doesn't mean I'm not a good and fast runner. And I can't draw some things, like at all. Architectural sketches. City streets. Churches. Complicated houses. Water reflection. Yeah I can't draw that at all but so what that doesn't take away my ability to draw a really good portrait. I suck at math. I am like really really REALLY bad at math but so what? Being bad at school math doesn't mean I can't do business plans or calculate profits and shit. Thing is all my life school has been putting me in their boxes, telling me all they think is right is actually right. But it isn't. Thing is because of that I spent half my life believing I was stupid. Till I figured it out. That's excatly the point. Schools want you to be stupid. They want you to be in a box, they don't want your inteligence, they don't want you thinking. They want sheep. Sheep will not revolt, they will not riot. They will follow. Quietly. Patiently. Not caring if the world around them burns to the ground because that's what they were trained to do. Follow. Obey. And that is just not me. It's not who I am. I was not born to follow as Bon Jovi so perfectly said in one of their songs.
''We weren't born to follow, come on and get up off your knees. When life is a bitter pill to swallow, you gotta hold on to what you believe. Believe that the sun will shine tomorrow and that your saints and sinners bleed, we weren't born to follow you gotta stand up for what you believe.''
Which is the reason that made me realize why I can't get along with anybody. Here's the deal people my age are completly immature. I can't keep a converastion going with a girl that only cares about boys and make up and a guy that only cares about getting in my pants. It's just not how it works. I want people around me that understand life, I mean not completly because really who does? But just things you know, how the world works, how people work. People that know shit about politics, economy, music, art, or whatever else they're passionate about. I'm either getting older or I was never really young but mindless conversations about men, makeup, clothes, shoes don't entertain me. Don't get me wrong I love shoes, and makeup and fucking skinny jeans and band shirts and I love boys as much as the next girl or guy around, asuming we're talking about band boys right? Hah. But I am just not one to sit down, have a coffee and gossip. It's just so. Ugh. A waste of time. I like talking about things that matter. I like people telling me what they're passionate about, their dreams, their goals. Nothing quite like watching someone talk about something they love. When they get all excited and their eyes light up. I like talking about politics and religion, which I know is always a bad topic for making friends but here's the deal, I like to challenge people and I like to be challenged. I think you can tell a lot by a person based on who they support, who they love, how they react when their beliefs are being challenged. It's a good thing also because hey better realizing someone's a bad person and a shitty friend from the get go then wasting your time on them. My opinion anyways. Holy fuck how do I manage to get so off topic each time I'm trying to write something down? Thing is, I'm starting a new thing and it's going to be called ''music monday'' I'll show you one of my favorite records each monday and tell you what I love about it and my favorite song / songs on it. Not like I'll ran out of those since all my records are my favorite. Hah. But honestly what kinda world would we live in if I didn't start out with this one?
You know what I love about vinyl music? Not only the surface noise, the little crackling sounds, oh no. I love the fact that there's no skipping around like you do on CD's. You put your record on and you listen to it from start to finish. And the thing is back in the day that's what people did. They didn't watch MTV and buy records because of the single. They went to the store and decided based on album covers or just waited till the artists they loved put out something new. I love that they didn't have internet that literally spoils everything. Album leaks? Such bullshit. Early releases and such bullshit. God. Whatever happened to waiting patiently and listening to the entire thing when it comes out? Can you imagine the feeling? You've been waiting months for it, you never heard any singles off it so you don't know what direction the music went to and you finally get it and you play it for the first time. Man must be an amazing feeling. Not that I'll ever really know it. The media, the radio, the internet and the fact that I live in fucking Narnia are ruining that for me.
Either way. Dr. Feelgood is not just one of my favorite Crue records but one of my favorite records in general. The sound the lyrics the songs are perfect as is but this is the record I feel like they gave everything they got for. 110%. I mean they gave up on partying, the drugs, the booze. Nikki was probably sober and drug free for the first time in god knows how long and they were really commited to this album and it sure as fuck paid off. Their first and only record to top the charts. Every song but one were released as singles and 6 hit videos on MTV. The world tour that followed was sold out and they literally played everywhere. Well everywhere but here. Sometimes I feel like the lion or the witch or whatever the fuck is in that fucking closet gets more action then we do. The fuck is that about? We had Queen and Nirvana play here. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? No don't anwser I don't need no heartache. This record also got the The metal edge readers choice award in 1990 and an American music award for favorite hard rock album. That's just two on the top of my mind. Amazing how well I remember these things but never things that I should probably remember. Hah. Point is I actually love that they went ''political'' with Time for a change and proved there's a lot more to them then just a glam metal band that loves leather and hair spray. Let's be honest for a moment Tommy Lee on Kickstart my heart. Perfection. Without you still gets to me. And nothing like the party that is Rattlesnake shake. What is it with snakes tho? Rattlesnake shake? Shake it like a rattlesnake? The serpent dance? Not to mention all of Slashs' pets...
Chosing one favorite song is criminal, because I love the entire thing from start to finish. But if I absolutely have to, then I must go with She goes down. It's fast. it's wild, it's naughty. I just love it. Love the zipper sounds in it. I just love the whole thing. Hah. The only thing I absolutely hate about it is that this is the last album Vince did with the band for way too long. There's no Crue without Vince and nobody can convince me otherwise. Not to mention after he left grunge happened and literally flushed glam metal down the toilet. Fucking grunge. And hipsters that are trying and failing at being grunge now. Hey idiot just because you wear clothes too big and Doc's and your hair is a mess you aint no Kurt Cobain alright. Stop with your ''astethics'' you aint fooling no one. Fucking posers. Alright point here is. This is one of the best albums ever made and everyone should either own it or at least if you are not into this kind of music give it a try and listen to it. You might be surprised and actually enjoy it. Alright, that's it for today. Going to get back to this essay I'm writing or at least trying to write, then hopefully meet up with dad and get my laptop back. It's been too long. Way way too long. Y'all take care now.
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment