Friday, February 5, 2016

Opinion Overload

I'm going to share one of my biggest fears with you today. It's not death or loss or oblivion or hights and spiders even if these are pretty high on that list too. It's more the fear of rock 'n' roll dying. That one might as well keep me up at night. I know nobody lives forever, their music does but so many good musicians are gone way too soon. The club 27? John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Elvis Presley, Eddie Cochran, Sid Vicious, Janis Joplin, Bob Marley, Marvin Gay, Jeff Buckley, Freddie Mercury, Dimebag Darrel, Dee Dee Ramone, Michael Jackson, let's not forget Lemmy and Bowie just as of recent. Still processing that one. It's scary. I feel like these are musicians that had so much left to give to the world and they all died out of some stupid bizarre reason. Like Lennon he was shot by a god damn psychopath. I mean the fuck is that all about? Or Dimebag...shot on stage. What the actual fuck? I mean I understand an accident. Like a bus crash or a stage collapsing or cancer. But I do not understand a pointless act of violence like this. Much less how it tends to always target rock, heavy metal, rock n roll music. Not that I'm wishing bad upon anyone but there's never pop singers shot on stage, victims of bizarre drownings or bus crashes...lord knows nobody would miss Kanye West or BOB...the earth is flat? Really? I'm so sorry education failed you so miserably. I am completly totally terrified because one day, one day there's not going to be good musicians left. Richards, Jagger, McCartney, Sixx, Mars, Neil, Lee, Wood, Springsteen, Rose, Cooper,...so on seem indestructable but one day it's gonna be them and I am not prepared for that. Not only because I will literally feel like a part of me has died, like my own family has died, but because the only thing left will be Justin Bieber, stupid bubble headed pop singers like Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and a number of others whos names escape me because they all sound the same and One direction look alikes, that are not even real bands but manifactured to occupy and leech brain dead kids. I mean how hard is it? You put together five ''good looking'' boys who have less talent in their whole bodies then Springsteen has under one of his finger nails and watch the world burn. There's always going to be bands like them because those seem to be the only bands that make it big lately. Because kids don't care about music anymore. If there was a young problematic or angry looking boy with a voice like Johnny Cash on any talent show these days he would of never made it pass auditions but if there was a Bieber look alike who sings like shit but has a pretty face he'll make it all the way to the top. Why? Because who cares about talent we have playback anyways. These things anger me so much. I'm not saying there's no good musicians now by no means but music is just not what it used to be. There's Shinedown, Halestorm, Linkin park, Green Day I totally dig 21 Pilots and Avenged Sevenfold. I love all kinds of pop punk like Simple plan and All time low, and music like My chemical romance, A day to remember, Fall out boy, Bullet for my valentine, Bring me the horizon, the list goes on and on, everyone knows these are one of my favorite bands but let's be honest as good as they are they are no match for the original Guns n' Roses, Metallica, Motley Crue, The Rolling Stones, Def Leppard, Skid Row, Bruce Springsteen...and one of these days they wont be around. Their music and legacy will live on but they won't and that's the scariest thought out there. It's a thought I don't want to think about but I'm forced to lately because it feels like each week we're saying goodbye to another legend.
Woah alright I manage to get more and more depressing with each post I write. My fam might be right I either need to stop drinking or drink more. Not sure which one is it. Heh. How about a couple of good things? Sounds like a plan. Do y'all keep your concert tickets in a shoe box somewhere? Taped on the wall or something? Aparently I'm weird but mine are organised in a folder by date...aparently nobody does that? Hm. Let me share two with you guys today.
Here is my Motley Crue ticket from Milan Italy, with train tickets, cute story when you get lost and switch three trains to get home. Heh. It's funny now, it wasn't funny then. And merch bills for which my mother asked me if there's gold stitching in the shirts and bandana after seeing how much money I payed and the sticker from a water bottle given to me by the band themselves. Long story for another day. Heh.
And then there's Bon Jovi also from Milan...
It's so hard choosing a favorite concert because they're all so good. Specially the Boss, honestly there's nobody better then the Boss. But then I took a moment to really think about it...and I'm sorry *not really hah* but this concert was my absolute favorite one. Jon and I nearly touched, he smiled right me, I had the golden circle ticket, the concert was probably the longest concert he played in a while if not ever and the Italian fans as much as their nonstop chatter annoys me are pretty damn amazing the fan action was beyond anything I'd even seen or even hoped to see. That's why on my Italian flag there's a couple of black stains from my mascara I was crying along with Jon hah, no really it was an amazing moment something you have to feel to understand because I can't even properly describe how I felt. It was amazing. Not to mention I finally got to hear Always live which is my favorite song ever. And will probably remain my favorite song forever. So yeah. Here's my Golden circle ticket along with my bracelet, flag and instructions for that amazing fan action...a night I won't ever forget.
Now, just because I'm still the same ''kid'' I used to be, freaking out, crying and loosing my mind over Simple plan...oh no that hasn't changed. Their concert still puts me in an almost possesed state. Hah. Oh my gosh you guys I get to see them again, for the third time! in just 31 days. Not to mention their new album drops in less then 14 days. Holy shit! I'm so excited. Hah. In that spirit, my boys posted a new video this morning, it's perfect. They are perfect. The song is perfect. I missed them so much. Go check it out please. Thank you.
Love y'all, enjoy your weekend, those of you in Europe, enjoy the carnevals this saturday through tuesday, those of you in America and the rest of the world I understand your confusion. Hah.
Take care
Oh P.S. Happy Birthday to my beautiful blonde devil ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment