Monday, April 25, 2016

It's like an avalanche I feel myself go under.

Friday, 24th of April 1981. That makes it 35 years ago yesterday. You know what happened on that day? Motley Crue played their first ever show. Well actually they were opening for someone else in a venue Nikki worked at and begged his boss to let him do it. Thank god he did right? And I mean that first show was chaos. They never played a full show before, the crowd was flipping them off, some jackass spat on Vince which you know ended SO well that Vince leaped off stage on him and probably beat the shit outta him and then Nikki joined him whacking someone with his bass...It's a miracle they managed to play some songs in between all of this. But you know the chaos payed off because this was the begining of an amazing career. But lets not go there right now. I miss them like crazy. If I start writing about them I'll be a crying mess by the time this blog post comes to an end.
I was just going trough the list of greatest rock albums from the 80's and realized I need to update my wish list like a lot. Heh. Which by the brings us to why the hell my store doesn't have any music. I'm a proper idiot to be fair. Of course they can't have records, they only have new records and what I'm looking for are all old albums that weren't re issued. I'm an idiot. Really. I need a second hand shop or some shit. Well done Nikki you only needed a year to figure this out. Hah.
So while we're on this subject I obviously don't own much new music. I don't have that many cd's I mostly listen to vinyl or iTunes and to be fair I think this record is the only ''modern'' band that I actually have a record from. Heh.
I used to listen to A LOT of heavier stuff, death core, death metal, ''screamo'' as people called it. I still do actually, just not as much as I used to. Anyways I liked the old Bring me the horizon but I feel like with this record they really found their place. I love that they changed from their original sound and grew as artists. I love Oli's voice so much more here. He is such a great singer when he stops with all the violent screaming. I love the lyrics they're so honest on all the songs, I can relate to a lot of them. And I am so proud of Oliver, he came a long way. He opened up about his drug addiction, he got better, they made this perfect fucking album, really I am so proud of them. When Sempiternal came out which by the way is like the most under rated album out there you could see they're going into a new direction. And I was still a little surprised and taken back with this one. But in a good way mind you or the best way because it's absolutely amazing. There's not a song on it that I wouldn't like. I love them all. There's no filler, there's no dull moment. The entire record is a wild ride and it's fucking adictive I tell you that. 11 songs of pure listening pleasure. Ear orgasms if you will. Though I hate picking favorites I gotta say I enjoy Happy song, Throne, Follow you and Avalanche most. This record also comes with a copy on CD which is so cool because you know car music. Heh. Either way I loved it, it's ambitious, grand, emotional, fresh, fast, heavy and complex, it’s a record that demands the band be seen in a new, different light. If you are one of those stubborn fans saying you can't listen to the band now, shut the fuck up sit down and listen to it. Give it a chance without previous judgment and just enjoy it. I find it so stupid when fans say ''they sold out'', ''they changed'' blah blah blah. Like Adam is nothing like Freddie. Newsflash Freddie wrote a song called ''The show must go on'', he wanted the band to go on. And Adam never claimed to be Freddie, he admires him, he wants to do right by him but he knows he's no Freddie. So people saying they can't listen to Queen anymore because Adam sounds nothing like Freddie are idiots, Adam is an amazing singer, you need to give him a shot and then judge. I'm getting off topic here, point is ''That's the spirit'' is amazing, you'll enjoy it. If you're into rock, metal, heavier stuff then you'll love it. I believe it's one of the best albums in this music genre made in a long while. So please humor me, give it a chance. If you're a fan already well then you know this one is a great choice.
I'm going to put it on and play it now while sobbing into my math book. Yeah, I'm still there. And over the weather. It's actually snowing not so far away from me. What the fuck is that about? And then a bit more over Walking dead. Guys, you understand right? That clif hanger will kill me, how the fuck am I supposed to wait till October??? Fucking insanity. So yeah, happy monday. As happy as it can be at least. Enjoy your day, week and Game of Thrones premiere. But don't tell me shit I'm not on the last season yet. Cheers see you friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment