Friday, April 22, 2016

I only want to see you in the purple rain.

I never meant to cause you any sorrow I never meant to cause you any pain I only wanted one time to see you laughing I only want to see you laughing in the purple rain.
Can I use the word heartbroken? Because I am. I am shocked. I am sad. I am broken. We lost Bowie, we lost Lemm, we lost Frey...Now Prince as well. I was so determined to make 2016 better for myself then 2015 was. But how can you be better and happier when this is happening. I mean Prince was not just a musician he was PRINCE. I remember the first time I played his Purple rain vinyl. I remember listening to Purple rain and all the hairs on my body were up. There's not a song out there that could compare to this song. It is amazing. I stood still, staring, mouth open...he was a musical genious. Something absolutely special. I never got the chance to see him live, I always wanted to though, I imagined how awesome it would be, hearing Purple rain live and all those purple papers flying from the ceiling...yeah, feels like a dream. My heart hurts not only knowing we lost him but also knowing this dream has been taken away from me. He wrote some sexy, kinky music and there wont ever be another one like him. I'm going to pour myself some whiskey and play the shit outta my favorite Prince record. Here's to you sweet Prince, I hope you and Bowie raise some hell up there. We're going to miss you like hell. Then again it is starting to look a lot like hell down here. Rest in purple.
I never wanted to be your weekend lover I only wanted to be some kind of friend, baby I could never steal you from another, tt's such a shame our friendship had to end...

No comments:

Post a Comment