Friday, September 2, 2016

American Girl

Did you miss me guys? C'mon I know you did! This past week was madness. Complete and total chaos. Which in general I mostly spent studying like an idiot. I got a good feeling but I don't want to jinx myself before I find out the results. The exams were difficult as fuck. I'm not joking it was madness. I did manage some time in between to have some fun. Or better yet I was forced to have fun. Which in the end wasn't so bad, turns out sometimes you need to relax. Go figure huh? I spent friday night getting wasted on a Havana night drinking mojito's and trying and failing at Salsa dancing. It's fun though, I might actually take some lessons. I used to do ''dirty dancing'' and loved it, but that was a long time ago. Havana night ended with me sober on the other part of town watching a cover band that does all kinds of 80's rock songs and to say they're good is an understatment, the guys are fucking fantastic. But then again if you're gonna play Sweet child o' mine then that's all you really need to make me love you. There aren't many things on this planet that I love like I love Guns n' roses...
Rock n' roll!
The ''fun'' stopped though when I got home way too late for my own good and was forced to get up in the middle of the night. Okay. It was 8 am. But seriously in the middle of the damn night. No particular reason for it either. I tried to study but who would of known tired brain will no cooperate. What a revelation huh? Spent the rest of the day up on the castle. They have these events every last weekend in August. It's fun. I don't even know why I'm up there each year but still it gives you something to do, even if you do flirt with firemen and listen to knights sing Tokio Hotel songs. Hah. Very medieval of them...
If nothing else the view from up there made me remember that I really love my home town. It's small and the people might drive me insane sometimes but it's home. You only got one of those, and mine is pretty incredible to be honest. I complain over it all the time but truth to be told I wouldn't trade it for anything...
In the middle of all this madness I realized why it's important to take time for yourself. A little ''me time'' you know. Honestly I felt like shit to do won't end this week and I was losing my mind, borderline tearing my hair out and the only problem was that I was pushing myself way too hard, I could still get everything done if I just took an hour or two in between to rest. Honestly we all need to cut ourselves some slack or take a little breath if not for our sanity then for our bodies... they won't coopearate forever and my headaches and body pain made me see clearly that I've had enough. So I took some time to breathe, put on a new record I just got *Skid Row's Slave to the grind, I'm so happy about it!* and got lost in drawing for a while and it was amazing! I felt relaxed and calmer and less stressed...Here's a little something that happened during that time...
Chris Hemsworth as James Hunt in the movie Rush, it took me forever, it took me all the remaining nerves because the red pencil kept breaking and because I have a million of different colors but none makes blonde hair look right, but here we are now, I'm not particulary happy with it, I know it could be better but I wanted to share anyways to show you guys that art isn't always perfect, every artist has a bad day sometimes...I hate it but it happens...
Alright, that's about it from me today, I have things to attend, things that involve getting drunk and sleeping through the weekend...horrible fucking idea but seriously I don't care. I had about enough of everything and everyone this week. Take care, have fun, stay safe! Good luck to everyone who started school again this week! You'll do great I know! And if you don't that's alright too, your inteligence and worth isn't defined by grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment