Monday, September 5, 2016

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down.

Remember when I said I'll be getting drunk and sleeping through the weekend? Yeah that didn't happen. I forgot about one little problem. My family. And another one. Work. So help me god my body runs on caffeine and sugar alone. Just waiting till it crashes and I won't even be able to get up. I got such chronic sleep deprivation I'm not even tired no more I swear. Bad. Yes. Do I have time to fix it or live a bit healthier? No not really. And what do I do in between when I have time and I could be sleeping? I draw. Music up loud, usually Elvis Presley or Jurassic park theme song on reply and I just draw. Not as good as sleeping but way more relaxing...I finished this piece of Captain America...
The reference was a picture or a painting I'm not sure, I saw it on tumblr once and I couldn't find it again, so I decided to sketch it out. Not sure how accurate it is but it looks like him so that's good enough no? It took me twenty plus hours, so many nerves and tears *quite literally* spent on the hair but I suppose I'm happy with the end result...and here's what was playing during, on reply, I must of heard it at least 3 or 4 times...
I don't even like the Beatles much I've said that a million times and I probably will a million more. I like the biggest most cliche hits and then it ends. I don't think there will come a time when I'll be able to sit through the entire White album. Hah. But this one is so different. It's fun. I love it. So it's a movie soundtrack y'all probably know that. Me being the idiot that I am, had no idea. ''The Beatles had movies? Seriously mother what are you talking about?'' just shows you how much I know about the Beatles. Zero. What I do know is that the song Help was supposed to be a sad, whiney, slow ballad but was turned around into what it is today and thank god for that because it's actually one of my favorites and it wouldn't be if it was slow and boring. I suppose this album is so unlike the Beatles that it just works. And to be honest Yesterday is an amazing song not to mention that they actually recorded the song with a chamber music ensemble which you know was never done by a group before. Probably one of the reasons why it became one of their most famous songs too. Just one of the many little touches or things that make the Beatles stand out in the crowd of all other groups of their time, that and of course the originiality of their music and lyrics. And you know what I believe makes this album great as well? The Beatles met Dylan back in 64 and his infulence really shines through on this record. I mean You've got to hide your love away sounds excatly like Dylan, and I'm not saying this in a bad way, it actually really works. Another thing that kinda stands out for me is the lyrics of You're gonna lose that girl, I mean Lennon is actually telling some random man that he is treating his woman like shit so he promises to steal her? Crazy. Lennon logic I suppose. But the vocals are amazing on that song the way Lennon switches keys with such ease never fails to amaze me. Now I know Beatles fans will chew my ass for this one, if not for not liking them in the first place but I honestly feel this album is underrated and isn't getting enough love at all. I know there are plenty better Beatles albums out there but I suppose it's a matter of taste. I really love this one. The music on it is perfect and it could easily stand next to any album they put out later. So if you're like me, not too sure or not much of a fan, give it a try you might actually enjoy it like I do.
Alright, it's getting late, I'm beat, I'll go get some sleep, hopefully, pray for me that I make it through the week. It's going to be hard. Take care guys, stay safe out there, look after one another, and I'm sorry that this is so short but my mind is pretty blank lately. *sigh* Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment