Friday, September 23, 2016

The sound of silence.

''She's sundress cotton, he's grease on a Carhartt shirt, she's a candle in the wind, he's a light it up and let it burn and everytime she's with him, all she wants to do is kiss him, starts thinking maybe she can fix him, he's thinking he's love to let her try.''
What do you do when you don't know what to do? When you're completly lost looking for someone or something to tell you where to go, what to do...do you look for a sign or something? Do you turn to people you trust? Do you gaze at the stars wondering about life out there? Wondering about your life, where you might end up, wondering what the future holds for you...and if you do...what do you imagine? What are your desires? What do you see? But these are the wrong questions aren't they? I think the question I should be asking is something along the lines of,...you got a dream, you got a goal, a wish, now are you brave enough to go after it? I like to think of myself as bold and brave and determined but sometimes I'm just not...there are things that people would probably find silly, simple things, little things, that absolutely terrify me. Though to be honest there is no space for fear in my life. No space to doubt, no space for self loath. It's crazy isn't it? Years and years of edjucation and nobody teaches us to love ourselves. Maybe because that is a lesson we should learn on our own? Though a little push wouldn't hurt. Just as little advice wouldn't either. I admit, sometimes I loose my way too, sometimes I doubt, sometimes I don't know what to do and I don't know what I want. In moments like those when I feel like anxiety is going to get the better of me I try to get it through to myself that I need to calm down. We all need to calm down. Our dreams are not outta reach if we are willing to work hard for them. May it be traveling, may it be art, poetry, photography, music, as long as you're ready to fight and never give up you already did half the battle...and isn't then when life is really worth living? When you reach your goals, your dreams become your reality, when you prove all those who doubted you wrong? Those are the moments to live for...And in the mean time you gotta learn how to enjoy in the little things in life. Like when people who care about you ask you how you're doing, or ask you about something you told them a while back, showing you they listen to you...or falling into your bed with fresh sheets after a long hard day...or petting a random dog, just think of it this way, the dog tugged on it's leash just to come say hello to you...or watching the sunrise, a new day, a new begining, nothing better then that...or putting on your favorite artists new album for the first time, and every other time...or that moment when it's pouring rain and you have nowhere to be so you can roll over and stay in bed or lie on the sofa with a good book...or maybe that moment when you do something, like try a new recipe, change a lightbulb, change the oil on your car, nothing major but a small victory that I know will make you feel good about yourself...I suppose what I'm trying to say is that we need to learn how to live more, laugh more and above all how to love more and where else to start if not by loving ourselves?
In other news, here's a drawing I finished this week, in between stressing myself out over exams for no reason because guess what? I passed them both *fuck yes* and seeing a movie premiere, the Bridget Jones's baby, which by the way was actually really good, so funny too...and two pictures I took...my photography creativity is so dead lately...*sigh* but enjoy these anyways...
And more importantly before I wish you a pleasant weekend and a good night...today is the Boss's birthday...the only real love of my life. Hah, Bruce I love you, thank you for everything you do, thank you for sharing your amazing music with the world and thank your for all the inspiration you give us. I know life is hard on you sometimes but you're a fucking fighter and I have nothing but mad respect for you. Thank you. Happy birthday.
Good night guys, stay safe out there.
''She's a good girl, sky blue, turquoise, fallin' for a bad boy, drivin' that Detroit, big block cruising up the blacktop, turning up a corn row, scare crow, farmhouse, gravel road, comin' for a good girl counting down the sunset, never been broke heart racing like a corvette, got a little wild fire burning in her angel eyes, probably ain't never been lost after midnight. Tryin' to be a good girl, but fallin' for a bad boy...''

No comments:

Post a Comment