Friday, April 2, 2021

All these years, all our tears, still we sing the same old song.

It's been a while huh guys? Shit, almost a month. Sorry about that. I mean I doubt you really miss my pointless ranting but still. It's been a rough couple of days, weeks, months, years…you know how it goes. I guess I found my way back now as we just walked into yet another lockdown yesterday. No I am not whistling ''It's the final countdown'' with the lyrics changed to ''lockdown'' just yet. I know how this shit works. I've heard the ''it's just a few more days'' ''it's the last time'' blah blah blah one too many times so 11 days might as well turn into another 11 weeks. I don't know no more you guys, seems like people enjoy it. I'm going crazy but idiots around me seem to enjoy it. Perhaps that's the key, the more abuse, the more corruption, the more lies, police violence and violence in general, the more we love it. I'm just tired of it all you know. So tired. 

Been sitting here staring at these GIF's at the side of the blog, usually they inspire me, they make me smile at least, they make things easier, music always makes things easier, these days though, things are just hopless, dark, somehow pointless. ''Uzalud sunce sja, kad mi u srcu padaju kiše''. Kinda like that. I envy people that used these lockdowns to learn a new skill, try new foods, learn a language or some shit like that. All it did for me is drove me fucking crazy. I count it as a personal victory that I haven't murdered anyone yet, or went fucking crazy with a chainsaw like someone did at the parliament just a few days ago. Respect. 

So while I at least try to keep my mind occupied with doodles, slow posting on Instagram, though there are many MANY new drawings to post, feels like I haven't done much but doodle these days…how about some music to go with. This album might be completely unusual for me but also something you'd totally expect. 


There's hundreds and hundred of these mixed albums. People don't like them much I learned. But I do. I like so many bands and swapping albums is tiring, so having a mix of more songs that you love on one record can only be a good thing. Like that ''Metal Ballads'' volume 3 and 4 that I'll probably just die without. Sigh. 

Can we take a moment to appreciate the cover though? The bike alone is an absolute beauty but the guy might as well be an example of everything I find attractive, biker, the hair (okay yea blond would be even better), the clothes, the everything. So damn handsome! And them boots you guys! Feeling slightly hot under my collar doesn't begin to cover it. ''Tough guys show their soft side''. Cute. And unreal. First things first all ''tough guys'' have a soft side and that comes out more than you'd imagine and on the other hand the concept of ''tough guys'' is dead anyways, I look at men around me, and I feel sick. Like lets be serious young boys when joined the Partisans, were freezing and starving in the woods but they pushed on for what they believed in for all of us for their country. And men now? They eat gluten free pizza, cry over their manicure and own more beauty product than us ladies do. Proposterous.

I mean I can fix my car on my own, open jars, change a lightbulb and defend myself much better than a man could. What do I need one for anyway? Oh right the usual MALE reply to this is sex. Lol, please. Sorry to disappoint you guys but no man can ever please a woman as much as her toys can, if they say otherwise they're lying to you. And no toy can please a woman like new shoes can, just the thought of them makes me salivate. But really, I'm off topic, not going to be ranting about sex toys today, even if, rock ballads, pizza and dildos might be a good way to pass lockdown time. 

Like for real I am one of those people that love relaxing in the tub even if my sister calls it a ''wet place to overthink about how your life sucks'', she makes a valid point too because I do that but still, tub, rock ballads and a glass of wine? Yes, please. Anyday. 

Might actually have this over playing while I over think. It came out in 1991 and it's actually perfect from the first song. ''Scorpions Wind of Change''. I love Scorpios like for real, the ''Tease me, please me'' song? That is literally one of my favourite songs. Do I wanna dance strip tease to it on the hood of a late 1970's Camaro? Fuck yes! 

''Wind of change'' is sorta iconic. Like who doesn't fucking know wind of change?  I mean it's not just a song, we all know what it means, what it stands for right? The lyrics were born after the bands visit to the Soviet Union when it was at the height of it's political movment for reformation within the Communist party also known as ''Perestroika''. In the words of Klaus Meine himself;

''The idea came to me in the U.d.S.S.R. when I was sitting in the Gorky Park Center  one summer night, looking at the Moskva River. The song is my personal reappraisal of what has happened in the world in recent years.''

It was released in January 1991 and it was a worldwide hit right away, because the release sorta co happened with a failed coup (August coup) which eventually leaded to the end of the Soviet Union. It also exists in Russian and Spanish version just saying. To me personally I sorta connect it to the fall of the Berlin wall more. I was watching that moment when people were finally free, the wall fell and the joy was everywhere. Kinda wishing for that ''fall of the wall'' moment in this country too. But it feels that way ''wind of change''. Today this song is one of the best selling singles of all times with about 15 million copies sold and holds the best selling German artist song by record! Anyway maybe I see the fall of the wall that much clearer in my head because they actually preformed this song on November 9th at the Brandenburg Gate in 1990 during the anniversary.  Can I just take a second to say how I fucking miss Berlin? Omfg. Seriously Corona fuck off. I am done. 

Next is Magnum ''Need a lot of love'' and if I gotta even get into this song then I may start screaming. We all get what it's about and we all understand the message right? 

I may be biased and skipping the second song because I am obsessed with the third one. Jon Bon Jovi ''Miracle''. Not only we all need miracles sometimes but that man is a fucking miracle in that music video. Y'all see in right? The Harleys, the hair, the man! I mean I did say above the fuck do we need them for, but if they look like that? Damn! If someone paid me just for watching this video I'd be crying in a Bentley today. 

I mean just look at all that! Ladies (and some guys too, hey I don't judge) don't y'all just wanna fuck him so hard on that bike that he'd need new shock absorbers in the morning? Both him and the bike. Lol.  I'm sorry for the bluntness. Lockdown is getting to me, I suppose my brain is melting or turning into mush. The video also apparently features Jeff Beck and Matt LeBlanc. Not that I really noticed them though we all know how much I love Joey. It's a really good song that was my point, and it's a REALLY good music video. And the all kinds of emotions it makes me feel are not too bad either. 

Steve Thomson ''Dream on''? nothing but love. ''Dream on though it's hard to tell, though you're foolin' yourself, dream on.'' Don't we all just wanna dream some days away. Or dream about showering with a certain younger version of Jon Bon Jovi. I bet he doesn't sing in the shower, I bet he's preforming in the shower. In more than one way I bet. I'm not going through a whole box of Mon Cheri vodka chocolates okay. Shut up.  Dream on is a really nice song purely because we all need dreams, some to keep us going and some to just get through the day. Keep on dreaming guys. Really. 

It goes on with ''Robin Beck – First time'' which I am not over the moon with, it's more of a ''meh'' for me, might be because well female vocalists rarely get any enthusiasm from me and also because this song is nothing to alert the press about. A filler I guess. 

Nazareth ''Love hurts''? Yes it fucking does! If you search for Nazareth in a past post you'll see I covered this song in quite a few words. It was written by a songwriter Boudleaux Bryant, and first recorded by the Everly Brothers in 1960. But I think we all know Nazareths version best. It's a beautiful song, that one note, that one heart tugging note. Sigh. It gets me every single time. 

Yngwie Malmsteen ''Save our love''. Now listen to me, Yngwie, can anything or anyone save your love? Like when love is gone, what can you do? Can you even go on? Nevermind trying to save anything. It's not that I was sitting on a sofa with a bottle of vodka and my cats, eating Nutella with a spoon while this played on repeat ''Once we were one, now we're worlds apart, deep inside you know you are my other heart. My memories seem like yesterday, can't believe it's all so far away. All these years, all our tears, still we sing the same old song. Let's make right all that went wrong, there's no beginning there's no end, there's no reason to pretend, crying for help from above, we've got to save our love''. Sigh. My broken heart enjoys having salt poured on its wounds. Yeah. Fighting for love should always be a thing, you should never just let go, you should never quit on someone you love, you should never let something perfect slide from your hands. Ever. 

Side one closes with Bon Jovi ''I'll be there for you'' which we also all know and it's one of the most beautiful love songs next to Always and Bed of roses if you ask me. When he played that song in Milano I sobbed like a baby. Well even more at Always because we all know that's my all time favourite song, yes kids Always tops everything. I hate picking favourites, t'aint right, t'aint fair, t'aint fit, t'aint proper to pick favourites but this is how it is Always and also November rain are two of the best song sever written and my favourite songs of all times and I will fight you if you try to prove me otherwise. Careful though, I'll be coming at you with knives. I'll be there for you is from the album New Jersey which is the best album they ever made, still today, since new ones are crap (sorry not sorry). Some lucky bitches get to hear this song sung by Richie Sambora on their shows. I'd kill for that no joke. But well I did get like half of ''In these arms'' by David so that's something too.

Extreme and ''More than words'' cute but nothing special and mostly so freaking over played by radio stations, but well I wont turn it off if it comes on. 

Rainbows ''Catch the rainbow'' is an older song and another filler for me, don't particularly like it. But then after Rainbow there's Cinderella and ''Heartbreak station'', there have been two album reviews in the past on them but still. I freakin love them. They are so under appreciated it's insane. The voice, the music, the guitars, the glam, all of it fits. I love them. I mean yeah we've all heard Don't know what you got till it's gone about a million times but really both albums I reviewed are really good. They really got me with the ''tears filling up my eyes, sometimes the pain you hide, burns like a fire inside''. Yeah it does. Sometimes it's hard hiding it too. This song is actually on their third album that I don't have. Sigh. Another one to put on the list. Apparently this one waas really their finest moment as artists even if it didn't do so well commercially as it's predecessors. I think it's more bluesy rock rather than glam metal and that's what makes it really cool.

Now before I make this way too long and actually still got shit to do today, despite the lockdown, no you guys it's not dildo testing. Other songs featured on this album are ''China – So long'', ''L.A. Guns – The ballad of Jane'' what's with these Jane or Janey type animals? Like for real, Janeys got a gun, Sweet Jane, Jane says, Sad Jane, Baby Jane, The diary of Jane, Lady Jane, Hazey Jane, Strange Jane, Crow Jane, Janey Blue and on and on and on till fucking eternity. Seriously what's that all about? I mean at least when it's Desiree or Candy or Amanda you know it's about strippers but this is just…the hell is that about? I mean okay at least I get Prince's ''Darling Nikki'' and sorta INXS's ''Beautiful girl'' even if she is ''Nicky'' same thing though. I'd melt to pieces of unicorn and glitter should he sing that song for me in his angel face and voice. Moving on, album also features ''Deep purple – Wasted sunsets'' don't we all have many of those, ''Doro – A whiter shade of pale'' and ''Kingdom come – You'll never know''. What exactly because there's many things we'll never know. 

Now for real logging off, to finish a drawing I started. Not of Alexi this time but a scene from the movie Dirty Dancing. Say what you will but that movie will forever stay my guilty pleasure, as will Hungry eyes and Patrick Swayze all in black. To all my fellow prisoners, sigh, I hope we survive you guys, may you never run out of vodka and Nutella and to the rest of the world enjoying freedom. Cheers, it's not that I'm jealous it's that I wanna murder you all. Kidding. Well only sorta. See you on the other side. (of lockdown not the veil lol, assuming the lockdown madness ever ends but the way things are headed I may be married to a young Jon Bon Jovi sooner than released from ''prison'').


No comments:

Post a Comment