Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Thank you.

She's going to kill me. Literally. She hates it so much when I mess around with her social media accounts. And my guys will have stuff to say behind my back again, wich oddly enough doesn't worry me at all. I need a moment to gather my thoughts. To gather things I wish I'd tell her, things I wish I said. I don't know why I never can. You know what's funny? The girl loves me on my good days and even more on my bad days, she forgives me my worst mistakes and I can't even say thank you. I am such a fool. Your grandmother said some things to me today, and they really hit home I guess. They were eye opening. I used to look into the mirror and absolutely despise the man that's been looking back at me. You helped me see myself differently. You helped me realize that I'm not a bad person I just made some poor choices in my life. But all of that is in the past now, thanks to you.
I actually admire your strength, you don't let people break you, you don't let rude, mean, evil crap define you and take you down. I suppose I'm not as strong as you are which is really ironic if you think of it that way...Sometimes I'm so easily thrown outta balance. A bad day at work. A hard case...and I'm all over the place but you're the one who grounds me. You say something as simple as ''we're okay'' and the worrying just melts away, and we are in fact okay.
We were watching the news the other day and you told me how heartbroken you are over the Berlin events because Berlin is your favorite place in the world then you asked me what mine is. I said I don't know. Lie. I do know. Of course I know. I know why you love Berlin so much and I also know I don't feel an attachment like that to a place. I love any place that has you and me in it together. Could as well be a tent on a beach somewhere in the middle of nowhere. It doesn't matter where you are, only who you're with and doll, as long as I'm with you, I've got everything I could ever want or need. Safe to say my favorite place in the world is in your arms. I am addicted to the way you'd wrap your arms so tight around my waist each time I come home from a job, I am so addicted to the way you refuse to let go, yes, I tell you that you're silly and I tell you to let go but let's be honest that's the last thing I want.
I'm just here to thank you. Thank you for being so god damn cute and adorable and always making me smile when things really go bad. Honestly without you and your crazy antics I'd go insane a long time ago. Thank you for inspiring me, you showed me how a little thing can change someone's entire life and how little does it really take to be someone's hero. Thank you for always being there for me, lord knows it hasn't been easy but you never once doubted me and that means more to me then anything else. Thank you for showing me it's alright to stand up for the things you believe in even if you do in fact stand alone, it's alright to fight for it and be strong even if everyone else thinks you're insane because sometimes all it takes is one person to make a difference. You were that difference for me. Thank you for not caring what a mess I really am, thank you for loving me despite being such a mess. Thank you for teaching me so much about life, love, passion, art, music, creativity and humanity. Thank you for bringing out the best in me. You said once that there are people that bring out the monster in you and people who make you shine bright. That's what you do, you make me better. About a million times better. Thank you for encouraging me to be better, to do better and believing in me that I can actually do it in the first place. Thank you for all the patience and understanding, I know I don't deserve it. Thank you for staying awake with me at two in the morning talking about everything and nothing when I can't sleep after shit goes down at work. Thank you for knowing about all my flaws and not giving a damn about them anyways. Thank you for appreciating me, us, what I do for you, even if it seems small and unimportant. You notice and care and it means the world. Thank you for caring about my opinion even when we don't agree, I love that you listen to what I have to say even when you think I'm a ''bloody idiot''. Thank you for always standing up for me, you don't let nobody talk shit about me and don't care who you tell to fuck off when they're being out of line. Thank you for always checking up on me, making sure I'm alright. Thank you for teaching me what love really is. We both know I didn't know shit before I met you. Thank you for always listening even when I'm not making any sense at all. Thank you for spoiling me with little things all the damn time. Thank you for trusting me the way you do. Thank you for blowing up my phone with cute texts when we're apart. And most of all thank you for loving me, I never thought I could be this lucky or this happy. I could honestly thank god everyday that I decided to join that club and meet you there. Thank you for being my happiness, the love of my life, my rock, my strength, my world, my everything. Also sorry for taking your blog (again) and even breaking your Monday - Friday post thing.
These sappy posts need to end. Now. Or my boys will be really worried for me. Ha. I love you baby.
G.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment