Monday, December 26, 2016

I'm never gonna dance again.

''You’ll never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart.''
— George Michael
I said I won't be around today because I'll be busy doing nothing at all. Well...that clearly didn't work out. Can I just say I am done and over with 2016. This has to be one of the worst years so far. After all the big music names that left us this year now George Michael and Rick Parfitt have also passed away. I honestly just can't even believe it. Who could even think that a man singing Last Christmas will in fact die on Christmas? Also 2016 how dare you? Ruining Christmas for all his fans and his family that every year now when they'll be constantly listening to Last Christmas from the begining of November and be remembered of this day... Unbelievable. I've never been much of a fan that might be true but I have nothing but respect for the man. He was a legend, nobody can argue with that. And I admire him for not giving a flying fuck about what people thought of him and his sexuality, lord knows not everyone is as brave. I liked him as a person and as a man, he was something special alright. You know what's ''funny'' though, there's a Wham! record in my collection. I've had it for years and never once listened to it. Yesterday morning though I decided to give it a chance. Ended up not hating it too. And hours later I hear he's passed away. I was absolutely gutted. That much more because the legends are leaving us and we're stuck here with One direction or Justin Beaver or whatever the fuck else comes on the scene next. I just can't even...comprehend it. George Michael, you were a bright shining star and you will be missed so much. Rest in peace.
And Rick Parfitt...he was a brilliant musician, he could make rhythm out of nothing, their music might sound simple but it was really fucking enjoyable. Rick was a huge part of so many peoples lives and inspiration to many. He's going to be missed as well by his fans and mostly by his family. My heart is with all of you. Rest in Peace Rick.
This was deleted from the original post but I decided to keep it because what the hell...
And just a quick note before I go, wallow in my sadness. All you bastards saying crap on twitter. Fuck you. Fuck all of you, how dare you call them names and say shit about them?! How do you even have the nerve to bring up Georges sexuality and calling him fag saying he had it coming. The fuck is the matter with you? Not only it's disgusting as is but have you even considered that his family might be reading, or his friends. Show some respect and shut the fuck up. God. So what if he loved men, nobody cares, love is love, grow up and get the fuck over it. Jesus.
Edit; It's Tuesday night and I can't believe I'm adding another name to this list. As a big Star Wars fan this one has left me absolutely heartbroken. I am just really so done with 2016 I just want it to end. The sooner the better. Carrie thank you for everything, you were amazing, not only as an actress but as a person. The way you tackled on your health problems and didn't let them control you inspires me daily. You'll be missed.
You are one with the Force now Princess. Rest in Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment