Friday, December 16, 2016

Pictures of you, pictures of me, up on your wall for the world to see.

I read an interview once with Nikki Sixx about photography. He said that when he got clean and sober he picked up a camera and never put it down again. People always say he's just some random celeb that takes pictures when he's bored. NOT. He's such an amazing artist...why am I telling you this? He's one of my biggest inspirations when it comes to photography. I admire a lot of photographers like Eddie Adams, Kevin Carter, Greg Marinovich, Annie Leibovitz, Michael Kenna, Josip Pelikan, Arne Hodalič, I admire the man that took that iconic picture of a World War II sailor kissing a nurse in Times Square, Alfred Eisenstaedt I believe was his name. Beautiful picture and the story behind it, people celebrating that the war is over... Where am I going with this? These are professional photographers but it's no secret that Nikki's work is my favorite. There's something about it that just pulls me in. It's just amazing, I love the dark, mysterious ones, and I love the portrait and people work he does. It is perfect. I actually wish that someday I could work with him. Model or assistant both works. Would be a dream come true for me...yes mom even if he throws me in a bathtub full of fake blood. Hah. If you're interested in his work you can find him on Instagram where I've been obsessingly liking everything he posts or on his Tumblr account which I actually prefer...
http://nsixxfoto.tumblr.com/
This actually made me remember that I've been in love with photography for so long, I just haven't been paying it the attention it deserves lately. I hate it to be fair, so many things I love have been pushed aside for other aparently ''more important'' things. Are they really though? Are things you don't like to do, things you don't love really more important then something you enjoy? I know, I know, school and work are more important I get it alright, but neglecting something you love for it still sucks. That is why I have payed classes and bills instead of a good camera. I shouldn't complain I know, but I still do. A proper DSLR has been one of my biggest dreams for a damn long time. Someday though. In the mean time I'm trying my best to capture moments with what I have. It's not always the easiest thing to do but hey...I try. I have boxes and boxes of developed pictures in my house. Literally boxes full of them. Film photography...god I feel old sometimes. But on the other hand, I still prefer film photography to regular, specially black and white. Back in the day I took pictures with pretty much anything I could get my hands on, we've had a lot of cameras in our house, some were just toys and some were pretty good. Most of the pictures we have were taken with my dad's old Zenith and that one made some amazing pictures. Anyways I'll share a few of my favorites I took over the years...
I took all these pictures about 10 years ago, I remember always trying to capture the right moment, the light, the right angle. It wasn't always the easiest thing and I actually loved the anticipation of having to wait, get the pictures developed then see if it worked out or not. Good times. Good memories too.
It's about damn time I get back out there and take some pictures of whatever really because hell I miss it so much. Sounds like good weekend plans.
Do something you love this weekend too, you deserve to spoil yourself every now and then as well. Cheers guys, stay safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment