Monday, August 1, 2016

''Find what you love and let it kill you.''

Well here we are guys. August 1st. I'm just going to sit here drowning my misery. Half of the summer is already gone and so far it's been a pretty damn horrible one. If it's not raining it's humidity to the max and if's neither it's too hot to even go outside. Of course going on vacation is just wishful thinking with all the finals I still have to study for and are coming up at the end of the month. Who can fucking study in this damn heat? And not to mention, finances for an actual vacation? Yeah that's not going to happen either. So I'm stuck at home, all summer, studying and working. There are hardly words to describe my misery. Suck it up right? It's going to be fine...Yeah someday. Someday everything is going to be alright. But that someday doesn't make today any better. But enough whining, that isn't going to help either. How about some music since that is actually making people feel better when they're down...
The other Warrant record...it's no secret that Warrant are one of my favorites. The old Warrant I mean. Got nothing against the new guy but I just prefer Lane. Which is also the reason why Heaven makes me want to start crying each time I hear it. God, Nikki suck it up. I suppose you could say I'm not doing so well with the fact that he passed away. So I said this before and I'll say it again about a hundred fucking times. Warrant had to be one of the most underrated bands out there. I mean they were so good and got only half the credit for their work. They were one of the best 80's glam, hair metal bands and nobody can take that title away from them. So this is the debut album, and to be honest if you thought you can't top it...well Cherry pie killed it. Cherry pie is a classic and one of my absolute favorites. But just take the ballads Heaven and Sometimes she cries, they are absolutely fantastic. I like to pretend what it would be like listening to them live when people still had lighters instead of cellphones and cameras...had to be amazing. I'm jealous of everyone who ever got the chance. And then you've got Down boys which might be one of Warrant's best songs ever, it's amazing. Here's the deal other bands were bigger and other bands were better. Maybe. Not really. Hah. But there is not one single band out there that would scream 80's hair metal better then they do. They were sleazy they were fun and obvously they were pretty. Come on they weren't stupid they knew their target group were teenage girls and obviously the whole point was surface and no depth. And it worked. Obviously there's a lot of hooks on this album and the ballads were mostly on it to sell the record to a wider most likely female audience that was probably sighing after Jani Lane and his oh so perfect looks. Don't try to deny it. I'm a woman. I'm just the same swooning over him. Ha ha. Though don't be mistaking these are slow moments but the album is a total party album, it's fast it's catchy and it's absolute fun. Not a dull moment or a filler on it. The only ''bad'' thing about it I think is that it didn't make an impact you know? It wasn't Appetite for destruction or Dr. Feelgood. Not that we blame them right? The album was made in that time for that time and that was that. It's a shame though, it would deserve much more attention then it got. Either way, it's a great album for all the fans, for all who feel nostalgic, for all who love classic glam hair metal, for everyone just getting into this type of music. It's a fun album and you'll enjoy it I promise.
Enjoy your week guys, I know it would be better if it didn't start with monday but whatcha gonna do huh? Stay safe, look after one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment