Monday, August 15, 2016

Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run.

Do you ever feel disconnected? From your surroundings, family, friends...yourself even? God lately I feel like everything is wrong. I'm trying to study. Trying to move from this point I'm stuck at and it's just not working out. Nothing really changes no matter how much I try and it's making me so frustrated. I feel disconnected even from my art. And that's the worst part. I love art, it's the biggest part of me and when I fuck that up then I know it's bad. What the hell do you do? How do you ground yourself? How do you start feeling like you again? I feel like everything is just out of control and I don't know what to do to make it better. People around me drive me mad, I don't know if it's them or if it's me...something just doesn't feel right. I feel like I don't belong. I feel like there's no place I actually belong and it's a horrible feeling. You know what's it like? Being home, where you're supposed to be, where you belong and feeling like a god damn alien...a stranger...a freak... You know what it feels like when even in your relationship everything feels wrong? When maybe love just isn't enough? You feel like and everything and nothing is wrong and you just can't pin point the problem? Yeah...maybe I live in a fairytale or in a sappy romantic comedy where the guy chases the girl down the airport profesing his undying love to her and then proposes and it's all cupcakes and rainbows? Yeah...maybe I live in an illusion. Love in this century is a bloody nightmare, everyone is a liar, everyone plays games, everyone cheats, everyone hurts people just for the fun of it. Nobody is exclusive. There is no trust, there is no love. If something is bothering you, if you're unhappy you just leave or cheat, nobody is willing to talk, to build together, to stay together...who the fuck taught us to love like this?! That this is right? That this what it should be like? I want cliche kisses in photobooths. I want candid pictures when I'm not looking, cute snapshots someone posts online saying how happy they feel to have me in their life. I want fucking roadtrips with widows down, soft rock playing on the radio, feet on the dash, and nothing but time to waste. No plan, no hurry, just going wherever we feel like going. I don't want just love, I want passion, I want hands clasped tight together during...you know...I want easy sundays, making late breakfast in nothing but big tshirts, smiles and no rush just enjoying the morning together. I want tv show marathones and movie nights and making out during breaks. I want I love you's, you're so beautiful and all the fucking pet names you can think of. My friend always says someday you'll wake up next to your person and everything is going to be alright. But that someday feels too far away and lately none of it feels right. There's just one thing that's right in my life right now...
I've been listening to Thunder Road a lot. It just makes sense. It makes everything better. I've had this record before but unfortunally lost it, my old one didn't have a poster though so I suppose everything is right again. Let me take a second to thank the kind soul who sold this one to me again, he knows who he is, I'm just very grateful for it. Bruce just makes me a lot happier.
I believe when Bruce went on to making this album he said he was going to make the ''greatest rock n roll record ever''. You think he made it happen or not? I honestly have to say that despite my huge obsession and undying love for him this isn't my favorite rock n roll album. But all that aside Born to run is amazing, absolutely flawless from start to finish. It's like every other Boss's album and song, telling it's own story. Thing is despite everything Born to run is one of the best rock albums ever. The lyrics, the melody, the whole package, Bruce held nothing back, he gave us everything he had proving that he works just as hard on stage and in the studio. If you sit down and just listen from Thunder road to Jungleland it's like you're watching a movie or reading a classic novel. Now how many albums or artists do you know that can do that? That can make you feel like that? Like you're watching a movie? It's quite honestly breathtaking. And timeless, you know what black and white movies are like, like Breakfast at Tiffany's? Well that's the same. This album hasn't aged a bit. It's just as amazing now as it was when it was released. I heard Born to run live both times I saw him and it was so amazing. I'm sometimes jealous of people who haven't experienced it yet. People who have yet to discover the Boss. I wish I could take that journey again. First time I put on that record that changed my life, first time I saw him live. The rush, the excitment. It was an experience I tell you that. I think I love Born to run so much because it speaks volumes and with so much meaning. I think pretty much everyone can relate to being trapped in a dead end suburban town when there's nothing you'd want more then run away. Point is, if you like Bruce then you already have this, you know what it means and you understand. If you don't then you're doing life wrong, don't think twice about getting it. The passion, the innocence, the power, the life in these songs...they had a mad effect on me and I wouldn't change it for the world. Y'all need to understand that this is the album that woke up the music industry and honestly the fact that now 40 years later Bruce is still the Boss and still has such a huge impact on music and is such an important artist says everything about him, his work, his talent, his character. I always loved and respected music I know it can change lives, just look at Live Aid but I think I truly understood the power and the message when I saw the Boss live for the first time. I will never forget the ''spirit speech'' he gave us or what it was like when he sang Born in the U.S.A. and at some point he let the crowd sing and there were 60 000 people screaming those lyrics as loud as they could. It was an unbelievable experience. The lyrics, the musicians, the energy between the Boss and the crowd, between the E street band...spectacular. Please do me a favor and give this album a shot in case you don't have it yet. You will be amazed I promise. And do right by Bruce, play it loud, make sure the neighbors hear it is well and most important enjoy it. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment