Monday, June 20, 2016

Let's go crazy.

''Dearly beloved we are gathered here today 2 get through this thing called life...''
I took some time to draw this morning. It felt so good. It feels so good focusing on something you love. Music turned up loud, fresh sharp pencils and nothing but time do whatever you want. Yeah my own little place in heaven. Interrupted way too soon unfortunally but still. It was nice while it lasted...
This is what I was working on. Aparently the drawing is ''good'' or ''awesome'' even but then there's the ''god Nikki why do you always have to draw men that are too old for you or dead already?'' ah family. You can't pick them out huh? Oh well it could be worse. This portrait took me about 13 hours all together. Really took time with the shades and little details. It's based on some picture I once saw on pintrest it looked like a grafitti. It was pretty much amazing not going to lie. I used koh i noor graphite pencils, high numbers like 6B and 7B and a white ball point pen for tiny details. And here's the record that was playing *twice* while I was drawing...
So you know how most people say that 1990 was Prince's true breakthrough? But come on are you really going to argue with this one? Really? This is a whole different level of his music talent. I mean other records are pretty much RNB or soul maybe a little punk and pop in between but Purple rain...that is rock and it's amazing. Let's go crazy became like an anthem in the 80's. All the songs on this album have that something special they sound absolutely amazing. And honestly movie or no movie it's perfect on it's own. I originally didn't even know it's a soundtrack. I know. How stupid can I be? Hah. Either way the songs are a little kinky and a little dirty and I actually like that. I mean let's just look at the song Darling Nikki for a second. Which by the way is a song all my friends love to tease me with. At first listen you'd think it's just a funny song about a horny girl but if you really listen to it you'll hear that's not the case. Now on the original album it can be played backwards. And you'll hear praises and hallelujah to god and his plans for us. How insane is that? And kinda completly perverted. Hah. God and sex references what else can we expect from Prince? Then you've got When doves cry which I can only hear a part of because unfortunally my record is cracked at the top *sigh* but I love that song out of one single reason, the lead vocal is the only real melody in this song and that's amazing...can you find me a song now that isn't built around an instrument or two? And I think nobody can argue with me that Purple rain just is a classic song. I get chils up my spine each time I listen to it on vinyl. It sounds so pure so good so alive...I can't even put it into words. Prince had his own style that he created and polished to perfection which made Purple rain the masterpiece that it is. It really shows the wide range of Prince's talents from his vocals to his musical versitility, not to mention that amazing guitar playing. This album came from Turkey sometime in the 80's which explains the crack in the vinyl. I love that the writing in the back is turkish but I'd love it even more with an inner sleeve and if it was in one piece or maybe even purple. However my two favorite songs are intact and that's what matters most. Another classic right here hope all y'all vinyl lovers out there own this one. Purple Rain was a journey I'm glad I didn't miss out on. Thank you Prince for showering us in your purple reign. Rest in power, you are missed down here.
''Electric word life, it means forever and that's a mighty long time but I'm here 2 tell u there's something else, the afterworld. A world of never ending happiness u can always see the sun, day or night.''

No comments:

Post a Comment