Monday, June 6, 2016

Children of the beast

''In the beginning, good always overpowered the evils of all man's sins. But in time the nations grew weak and our cities fell to slums, while evil stood strong in the dusts of hell lurked the blackest of hates for he whom they feared awaited them. Now many many lifetimes later lay destroyed, beaten, beaten down, only the corpses of rebels, ashes of dreams and blood stained streets. It has been written; "Those who have the youth have the future". So come now, children of the beast, be strong and Shout at the Devil!''
Had a good weekend? I didn't. Studying like crazy plus the weather is completly fucked. Y'all heard about the lightning strike at Rock am Ring in Germany? I feel guilty. I said about a month ago that I hope it gets cancelled because I was so upset, disappointed and annoyed that I couldn't go. Now I feel guilty as fuck because it was in fact cancelled and over such a reason. Guys I'm sorry if my negative energy caused this in any way.
I should focus on other things instead. Like the busy week ahead, work, school, family, concerts, studying. I don't know how I'll handle everything and hope to get enough rest as well. I am completly fucked. But what'cha gonna do? Some idiot suggested that I cancel what I don't need. Like the concerts. I was just like ''bitch please'' can you cancel your breathing subscription? That would be awesome. I don't know how y'all live but in my book I need something to relax, something to let me get off some steam and negative energy or else I'd go absolutely insane. So no. I can NOT cancel the only thing I have to look forward to in my life. So here's to gritting my teeth and gallons of coffee. I survived crazier things so I'll survive this as well. But I am counting down days to September and October when I can finally take some time off and enjoy life. It won't come soon enough I tell you that much.
Here's what's playing while I try hoplessly to get at least one of these math things to stay in my thick skull. It feels like it just bouces of I swear to god. The more I do it the less sense it makes. I refuse to let it bring me down but so help me god it's driving me insane.
I ran out of Crue records to write about. Hah. Well as you can see this one is pretty fucked. The cover that is. It's been through some stuff kinda like me hah. Not in the best condition but I'm not really bothered with it because the innder picture is amazing so is the inner sleeve and most importantly the record is basically near mint. No hairlines no nothing. There's so many people that say that Crue at the time were just a Kiss wanna be or that the bassist was into Satan and skulls and dark magic. Hah. Oh god. I'm not going to deny it, he might as well be but come on. Does that really define music? I think not. On the other hand I know people who became fans because of this album which is cool but kinda pissing me off not going to lie since I already expressed last week how I feel about their debute Too fast for love. Now don't get me wrong. I love Shout, absolutelly love it. Not just the song but the entire record. But I'd be lying if I said ''Shout at the devil'' wasn't one of my favorite moments at their concert. The beat, Nikki's fucking flame throwing bass, the burning pentagram, Vince's shout at the devil scream oh my god! So fucking perfect! I have a friend who was fortunate enough to see them back in the day with Ozzy Osbourne. They opened for him and he said to this day this is his best concert ever. He said they put on an amazing show, though it was a bit sloppy on ends, there was fire, they were chugging Jack Daniels, the whole stage had this dark apocalyptic theme to it, the songs and the preformance itself way heavy, full of energy, full of attitude and that is what pulled him towards them. He said they inspired mayhem, chaos, rebelion which he as a teen at the time loved. Obviously. Crue didn't give a fuck nothing was off limits and nothing was illegal for them. They weren't some glam metal pussies they were serious and they were badass, I doubt any of them would have a problem breaking a whiskey bottle on your head if you were to piss them off. I think the whole point was to piss off the people, the parents, the government and most of all the authority. They just didn't care and I respect that. Why play by the rules? You get fucked in the end anyways and especially by the government. So fuck them all. That's the theme of this record anyways defiance against corrupt authority. Funny, it's over 30 years old and nothing has changed on this aspect. See I think that Shout is such a good album because the band put actual 100% efford into it not like they did with Theatre. They went to the studio and wanted to make a fucking statment and they did. Just look at the song Shout I mean it's like telling the world that they are the meanest, loudest, fiercest most badass band on the planet and I think they did a good job at it because it totally blows you away. Such an amazing strong song. I mean most people had a problem with their look saying they're way too glam or Kiss wannabes but lets be honest though their looks and attitude that went with it which is what really pulled me to them in the first place not going to lie...they actually had the guts and talent and amazing songs to back all that bullshit up. Heavy yet melodic songs, the solos, the drums, the lyrics, there's nothing commercial or mainstreem about it. It is absolutely perfect.
I love how it starts with the ''In the begining''...a description of the world going to hell. Come on we're not far from it are we? I love In the begining because it's what sets the mood of the entire album. It tells you to fight back, be strong and shout at the devil which leads straight into the song. And it's perfect. It gets you excited and really sets the mood for the entire record. Not to mention again, that live, it's pretty fucking incredible. Then you've got of course ''The looks that kill'' which is less vicious and more catchy, which I guess is why it's the single as well. I love the ''God bless the children of the beast'' it's calmer and it fits perfectly with the amazing cover of the Beatles ''Helter skelter''. Y'all know me. I have mad respect for the Beatles but I was never an actual fan. To me they're too pop...idk. I was always team ''The Stones'' but well, when the Crue sing it, then I gotta say Beatles sound fucking amazing. Haha. On a serious note, I know many will disagree because the Beatles are the Beatles after all but I think there's one thing we can agree on, no matter what Crue did this song justice. All in all this record came out in 1983 and I think it's still just as good as it was then and people who say it's a little out dated are idiots. This record is timless it will always be good, it will always sound amazing and if you can't see it then you're the problem not the band. Anyways this one is just as underrated as Too fast for love but bottom line one of the best Crue record *aren't they all tho? heh*. There's so many bands that came after them, trying to copy them, trying to copy their style, their music, some did an okay job to be fair but none of them were Crue and no matter what this record along with the rest of them will forever remain one of the most important 80's heavy metal records. Now excuse me while I put it on, spin that volume to the max and let's rage!
Happy new week guys! Hope it's less stresfull then mine will be. Stay safe. See you on friday!
''He's the wolf screaming lonely in the night, he's the blood stain on the stage. He's the tear in your eye been tempted by his lie. He's the knife in your back, he's rage, he's the razor to the knife oh, lonely is our lives. My heads spinnin' round and round but in the seasons of wither we'll stand and deliver. Be strong and laugh and Shout at the devil!''

No comments:

Post a Comment