Monday, June 27, 2016

''Hey, pretty girl don't you understand I just want to be your loving man.''

Duff McKagan is my spirit animal. Ha ha. I just saw the best fucking joke online. ''I have two tickets for the Guns n' Roses concert in Kansas City, but I didn't realize it's on the same day as my wedding. So I can't go. If you are interested in going instead of me...It's at St. Andrews church in Springfield on June 25th and the girls name is Suzie'' I've been giggling like an idiot for the past thirty minutes. Sounds like something I'd do as well. Good morning family. Did you have a good weekend? I was busy with my art, my music, fawning over this particular and very handsome man and pretending to be the press on the local festival. Ha ha. See trying out new music can be great, but it can also be fucking awful. Not that I expected much from the festival itself...but I was surprised to see a couple of musicians are actually really good. Some bands don't get half the credit they deserve and some get too much that they don't deserve. So I gotta say, live music, fireworks, booze and long summer nights...hello I've missed you. I don't expect many of those this year though. The weather has been anything but kind to us lately. Lightnings, storms, monsoon like rain. Madness. Few more days before we leave to Milan for a ''weekend'' getaway to see the Boss. I am beyond excited. Come on it's THE BOSS after all. I sincerly hope there's no scorching heat or pouring rain at least those three days. Been looking forward to it for months. Alright so in that spirit before I actually fall asleep due to the constant rain and gloomy weather outside...I need sunshine people!...here's the music I've been listening to today...
So I don't know how well if even you know this band. The Blasters are a rock band formed back in 79 I California I believe. It was started by two brothers Phil and Dave Alvin. The self described ther music as ''American music'' which was really a mix of everything blues, rockabilly, early rock n roll, maybe even a little bit of punk rock. They're a good example of the underrated band I mentioned before. They're such a good band but they never reached the success they could. They had these crazy energetic live shows which made them very popular in the begining of the 80's on the LA punk rock scene, they used to play with names like Black Flag and The Gun Club. It's crazy the ex singer of the Black Flag, Henry Rollins said that they were a great band that not enough people found out about and also that Bill Bateman is one of the best drummers out there while in general there's almost too much talent for just one band.
Back in the 80's their song Marie Marie became a massive hit for Shakin' Stevens who by the way I also love. I know, I know my music taste is all over the place, even if my biggest love is still 80's rock, metal, hair metal. Nobody is throwing Guns n' Roses, Motley Crue, Skid Row, Warrant off the throne they have in my mind. But I'm not narrow minded, that doesn't mean I can't enjoy something new or different every now and then. Unfortunally this band doesn't have a ''happy ending'' either. Dave Alvin, one of the brothers and the songwriter for the band left them around 85 or 86 for a solo career, yet there were a few reunion tours and live albums with the original lineup. He sometimes preformed with them still or replaced his brother who was sick. Their last studio album ''Fun on Saturday night'' came out in 2012 and I'm embarrased to say I haven't checked it out yet. I don't support music piracy but getting less known music here is impossible. You ask them for a Rolling stones album and get ''the rolling what?''. Yes. It is that bad.
Well this album was recorded live in London and it's amazing. So much fun. Really makes me wish I was there. If you don't know them, give them a shot you might find out you like them. Like I already said trying out new music can be amazing.
Enjoy your week guys, stay dry, stay safe, wish me luck, got some ''things'' to deal with this week and I'll see you on friday! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment