Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Hotel's closed.

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair, warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air. Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light, my head grew heavy and my sight grew dim I had to stop for the night.
There she stood in the doorway; I heard the mission bell and I was thinking to myself, "This could be Heaven or this could be Hell".
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way, there were voices down the corridor, I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California, such a lovely place, such a lovely face.
Plenty of room at the Hotel California, any time of year, you can find it here.
I sat in front of my laptop last night thinking what the fuck should I write about. It's hard to write a blog when you run entirely on caffeine, sarcasm and inappropriate thoughts. I'm not even kidding right now. Without caffeine I'd be as good as dead by now, I'm sarcastic to a point where people think I'm stupid and inappropriate thoughts? Let's not go there huh? Hah.
Ever been stressed to a point where you just laughed because if you'd let yourself feel anxiety would flood over you and you'd just break down? Yeah. I get that. I feel like the more I have to do the less motivation I have for anything. This so called ''school'' that's supposed to teach, help, make something outta you or whatever...what a joke. It's nothing but a popularity contest. Why judge a fish by it's ability to fly? I'm not going to be any smarter or less or more capable of working. All I'll have is a paper. Paper proving I did something, half of which I forgot already. A fancy expensive piece of paper that won't even get me a job. I really do wonder what the hell is the point? I'm stressed, angry, depressed, sick, all because I drive myself mad over things that don't matter. And I can't help wondering why? Why the fuck am I letting it happen? My health should be most important to me. I should worry about me for a change not what I have to do, not what should be done, not everyone around me. But me. It's not selfish thinking of yourself every now and then. Have you ever thought how you're always doing something always postponing your life to later. You'll see someone or something later, you'll visit someone later, you'll travel later, you'll see that band you love later, you'll get that later...what if there is no later? What if all you've got is here and now? Wouldn't you want to enjoy it? Live to the max? I don't know where these thoughts are comming from to be honest. Maybe when I'm drinking cold coffee in the morning still drunk of last nights whiskey and coke, thinking about what the fuck am I missing in life. Sometimes nothing, sometimes everything. Either way, shutting down those thoughts. I have a shit ton of work that's gotta be done. An artist's job is never done, not like you can hire an assistant to do your drawing and designs instead of you huh? That'd be nice.
Y'all enjoy your week, hope it's a pleasant one. Please note, selfish is not always bad, sometimes you should be selfish.
Mirrors on the ceiling, the pink champagne on ice. And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device".And in the master's chambers, they gathered for the feast, they stab it with their steely knives, but they just can't kill the beast.
Last thing I remember, I was running for the door. I had to find the passage back to the place I was before. "Relax, " said the night man, "We are programmed to receive. You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave! "
Cheers Glenn!

No comments:

Post a Comment