Monday, January 11, 2016

''I don't know where I'm going from here but I promise it won't be boring''

I've been saying goodbye lately A LOT. And I don't like it one bit. So many private goodbyes that I don't want to talk about right now and so many other goodbyes. From people I like and admire. Like Motley Crue, I know that aint the same but still. And then Scott Weiland. And Lemmy which was painfull and hard to deal with and I'm still not comfortable thinking about the fact that he's gone for good. And then today. David Bowie. I don't have much to say because I'm still shocked. Still processing. I remember the first time I listened to him. I have 3 records my mother gave me. They used to be hers. She bought each same month it came out. I wasn't much of a fan at first, I listened to Tonight and I just felt like it's not his best work. But then I put on Scary Monsters... and that was something else. I don't even know what it was the fact that it somehow for some reason reminded me of Pink Floyd. The voice, the music. I don't know but I loved it. Over the years he was always in my itunes playlists. I remember watching ''The perks of being a wallflower'' with my friends and being literally the only one who knew the ''tunnel song''. It just happened to be one of my favorites by Bowie. Today I'm angry and sad and broken. I wish everyone was vampires and immortal. I know in a way they all are. I know they live on through their music but that's not really the same. It's not just an artist you lose, it's an extraordinary human being, family, a friend. And it's sad as hell. The heavens and the stars will look very different today. Rest easy Starman you will be missed tremendously. Hope you and Freddie are together again, having fun up there watching us idiots suffer here. Truth to be told heaven's got most of the best musicians by now. Thank you for everything, rest in peace.
And we can be heroes just for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment