Friday, January 22, 2016

I don't want your civil war.

Look at your young men fighting, look at your women crying, look at your young men dying, the way they've always done before.
Look at the hate we're breeding, look at the fear we're feeding, look at the lives we're leading, the way we've always done before.
I learned lately that I'm way too old school. I like my music on vinyl, I like to wear clothes that my mom had in the 80's, I hate doing digital art, I like looking at it yes but I hate doing it myself. I'm stricly a drawing, pencil and paper kinda girl. I am not too into new gaming consoles PlayStation 2 will always be my favorite. I like old cars, 50's, 60's, 70's, new ones are just not interesting. I like music that was made before I was even born. I like the whole 70's or 80's wibe. Life was different then. Simple. Easier. Maybe I live in an illusion. I don't even really know. All I know is that I don't fit in I don't get along and I don't belong. And it's frustrating as fuck.
Enough about that. Those thoughts tend to spiral down into a pit of darkness that it's hard to get out of. So! I think I finally had it sorted out. My favorite albums I mean. That's the only part of my life that is not chaotic. The only part of my life where I know excatly what I want and where I belong. Here's the deal. Appetite for destruction, Born in the USA, Dr. Feelgood and Skid Row are by far my favorite records and unless Freddie Mercury comes back to life and records something amazing nothing will change that. I had three of those and I just got the fourth missing one over the week.
I knew the songs by heart before but putting this on, playing it for the first time. Jesus better then sex. The music is amazing of course but man those vocals. I found myself falling in love with them all over again. They came after the big guys already made a mark and still managed to stand out in a crowd and that's pretty damn amazing. Either way this album is a classic and no vinyl collection by my opinion is complete without it.
Well it's friday night and I'm home alone with my record player, some wine and a drawing I almost finished...
The lovely Amy Adams. A request that was harder to complete then I thought. I've been drawing so many guys I aparently forgot how to draw a woman. Hah. Either way it's friday night, hope y'all are out having fun, I'm aparently growing old because I am not even in the mood to party. Or go out. Or do anything really. And I probably had enough to drink today already. It's been a long weird day. Y'all take care out there and have fun, enjoy the weekend. Cheers!
And I don't need your civil war. It feeds the rich while it buries the poor, your power hungry sellin' soldiers in a human grocery store, ain't that fresh, I don't need your civil war.
Look at the shoes you're filling, look at the blood we're spilling, look at the world we're killing, the way we've always done before.
Look in the doubt we've wallowed, look at the leaders we've followed, look at the lies we've swallowed and I don't want to hear no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment