Friday, January 8, 2016

I know it's hard to keep an open heart, when even friends seem out to harm you.

So I'm guessing you all heard about the big Guns n' Roses reunion by now? I got to admit first time they started talking about it I was like ''yeah right when pigs fly''. Then it got serious. Well I'm still in shock. But a good shock. Happy one. Slash and Duff are finally back where they belong. Welcome home boys. Doesn't mean I won't miss Izzy and Steven though, it's not really a proper ''reunion'' if all the band members aren't there now is it? Suppose I should be happy with what I've got huh? I'm probably way too excited. They confirmed a festival I could never go to, nobody said there's gonna be a tour. Much less an European tour but I'm overly excited. Because just think, they'll be back on stage for the first time since 1993. And if that aint amazing then I don't know what is. You know what's funny? November rain came out around the same time I was born. My mom would play it for me all the time. I think they're the first memory of music I have. November rain. The music video. Do you guys have a song or a band or a singer that you'd remember as your first music memory? Mine are definatelly Guns, Skid Row, Bruce Springsteen, Poison, Warrant, Motley crue, Motorhead, Led Zeppelin, Metallica. The bands my parents listened to, the music I grew up with. Never really thought I'd learn to love it as much as I do. Truth to be told there were times when dad's really loud ''noise'' was getting on my nerves. I learned now so many years later that I'm gratefull for the ''noise'' and the bands I was brought up to love. They taught me more about life, love, people, this world then any school, experience or anyone, anything ever could. I'm grateful for growing up like this, in a musical world. I'd be so lost without it. What else is there to say? Welcome back guys, I'm so happy this is finally happening, you've kept us waiting for far too long. I wish you all the best with your future plans. Maybe a tour as well. That one is a bit selfish I admit. Hah.
Either way I should head to bed, I've seen one too many The Walking Dead episodes today. At a point where Netflix asks if you're alright. Heh. No Netflix I am obviously not alright. I'm on a binge. I better not even say out loud how fast I got through all five seasons. It's probably unhealthy. So yes headed to bed, but before I do, here's my first pencil work in 2016. Robert Downey Jr. Started as a portrait of Iron man, the request was actually to make his eyes red and gold but well that didn't happen and I'm glad it didn't. Looks so much better like this.
Stay safe out there guys and take care of one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment