Friday, March 25, 2016

The 80's are alive and well.

I was thinking today when did I stop looking forward to fridays. When I realized that saturday and sunday are just another day of the week and honestly my studying and working never end so...not to mention in a town like this there's very little to do...maybe during the summer time but right now...it's pretty bleek. So excuse the lack of excitment on my end. I'll probably curl up in front of my tv and catch up with Supernatural or the Vikings. Sounds like a plan alright. So anyways, I survived the week! The dentist was less painful then I expected and the exam went better then it should considering how little I actually studied. I've got more luck then brain I tell you that much. I only got 4 more exams and 4 finals and I am done with school forever.If I don't do something stupid and decide to study another thing because lets face it what else do I have to do. Hah. As much as I dislike studying I don't mind the general picture you know, knowlege is power, there's never too much of that. Though there's more useless information then useful but it's enough to intrigue me to look into things on my own. Well in that spirit...I tried drawing John Lennon about six or seven times so far and it never actually worked out, something was always wrong, didn't look right, didn't feel right...I mean I know my fellow artists out there can relate right? But right now I think it's going pretty well...
Going to take forever to have it finished though. I'm going to take my time with this one, I don't want to fuck it all up. Again. In the spirit of good news, Slash posted a video just now with locations for what I'm guessing is the USA tour. I literally forgot how to breathe for a second there. Is this really happening? Like for real? Am I just dreaming? If I am please don't wake me up. This is a dream I don't want to be woken up from. Ever. I really wanted this for so damn long I can't believe it's happening now. Holy shit I'm excited!
Oh! Since I'm feeling a little...or a lot...narcissistic today I'll share some pictures with you. My best friend is a photographer so I tend to ''suffer'' as his model a lot. He says he likes my face, that I'm photogenic. Maybe. Never felt like that's the truth but hey he should know what he's talking about right? Anyway this time the theme was ''the 80's'' which we know are right down my alley. Though I'd be happier if we'd went with more metal, hard rock style which is more me instead of pop but arguing with the artist is pointless. Trust me I know. Nobody wins. Either way here are some out takes and two of the actual pictures he took...
Now I'm going to end this on a serious matter. I take it you all heard about the recent attack in Brussels? Disgusting. There are hardly proper words to describe how sick and disgusted I feel. But I'm not going to say ''pray for Brussels'' firstly because it's silly, I am not religious myself so why say it? And second because it's not just Brussels. It's the entire world we should pray for. It's fucked up and it's horrible and it's full of hate. And to be fair more often then not I am just tired of it. Completly totaly done with it. I'm tired of feeling like this, worrying, looking over my shoulder, the fear though I say I'm not afraid, it's down there somewhere and I hate it. My condolences to all the victim's families. Stay strong.
I don't do holidays but happy holidays to those of you who do, hope you get to spend it with your families or whoever is most important to you. Take care, stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment