Monday, March 21, 2016

So nevermind the darkness we still can find a way.

Lazy weekend behind me. I literally did nothing. Don't think I don't feel guilty now but sometimes you just have to do nothing. Still recovering from the sickness I had - have. It just won't go the fuck away. And I'm mad as hell because I have a shit ton of stuff to do and zero energy. I mean I don't want to be bothered. Like just leave me alone. That would be awesome. But when is life ever that easy? Never.
I've seen the movie Soaked in bleach on saturday. I guess it kinda really upset me. I mean I never thought that Kurt Cobain killed himself. Never for a second. I suppose 20% is the fan in me not wanting it to be true and the other 80% is that things just don't add up. I won't point fingers on anyone. I don't know who did it and I don't want to blame anyone though we all know *coughcourtneycough*. What upsets me is the attitude the police showed towards the entire case. And not just because it's Cobain but in general. How can you fuck up an investigation so much? Don't you believe he deserves justice too? I do. I wish someone took it serious, did a proper investigation and put the thing to rest and let him rest in peace. He deserves that much.
In the mean time, rest in paradise, we love you, thank you for everything.
Now...I thought for a while about what to post. Which record to pick. It isn't as easy as it may seem. I love so much music and I have so many albums...but then you know...it is what it is and we all know that my love for my favorites always wins...specially now when these tour rumors are getting louder and louder...*oh please dear god let it be the truth* so here we are...
I love this album so much. Like you don't understand how much I love it. Don't cry, the original which is on it is my favorite song by Guns. One of my favorite songs in general actually. It's beautiful. His voice is amazing. The guitars, the bass, the drums, sweet jesus it's perfect. All of it. I can honestly say I loved this band my entire life. I mean that's saying something about my sufferning considering November rain came out around the same time I was born and it all went downhill after that. Unfortunally. But I've always loved Guns. I remember the greatest hits CD playing in my mothers car non stop, which I believe it still does now. An amazing CD by the way...I mean to me Appetite is still the shit always will be, I think it's their best work hands down *hey I still may be surprised, there's people saying they're recording new music right? Though my heart hurts I just want Iz and Stevie with them* but Use your Illusion was amazing. I think some of Izzy's best songs are right on that record, McKagan that rhytm, christ, Slash, that guitars holy fucking hell, the drums fucking amazing and Axl, there's no point in saying anything it's obvious why he is one of the best vocalists on the planet. Think of it this way though Illusion had to be one of the most ambitious rock albums of all times I mean nobody ever dared to release two separate albums at the same time before. Let alone make them over 70 minutes long each. It was very bold, daring and dangerous but in the long run proved to be a good move. I believe I read somewhere once that it was Axl's idea because a box set of the records would be too expensive for the fans or something like that? I don't know if that's true though. Could be. I mean the songs on this record are just...wow. It starts with Right next door to hell which is fast, catchy, and has that Appetite for destruction feel, then you have Don't cry which I already stated was my favorite and not picking sides but it might as well be one of the best power ballads ever done, the lyrics are beauitful and that ''tonight'' on the end...Amazing. And that fucking ripping perfect solo from Slash on Back of bitch. Are you fucking kidding me? Guitar god. This is why he was and always will be my favorite guitar player and biggest music inspiration. Then there's November rain. I'm pretty sure I came close to having my first words ''November'' or ''rain''. This song was constantly played in our house. All the time. And still today so many years later it remains my mothers favorite and also one of my favorites. It's beautiful. The orchestral background, the piano parts and guitar riffs...love the finale of the song, love the entire story to it, fantastic lyrics, they're not sappy they have a message...I think what they're trying to say is sometimes when it's fucking pouring rain we just have to walk away but hold on because nothing lasts forever and in the end everything will be alright. Or at least that's how I see the song. It makes me feel better when I'm down because it makes it easier to believe that everything will be alright someday. Anyways there are a few albums in rock history that I believe are damn near perfection and this one is definatelly on that list. So I don't know what the guys are planning, what the new music is going to be like, if there even really is new music comming out but I know this, ten years ago or fifty fucking years in the future this album will always be one of my favorites and there's nothing that could change it. There will never be a band as good as they are ever again. So this is an album *along with Illusions II.* that everyone should own and just play it and enjoy it every now and again because it's amazing and like I said nobody will ever knock them off that throne. So guys if you have this record, put it on, enjoy it, love it, go crazy, I know I will. On friday when all the shit waiting for me this week is over. Hah. Enjoy your week, make it your bitch. Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment