Monday, July 11, 2016

Imagine

So Whitesnake tomorrow. Yeah I am excited about it not going to lie. I've been having too much fun lately, Alice Cooper, Bruce Springsteen, Whitesnake...Don't ever let it end. Hah. I wish but all bad things must end in Motley's words. I wish it wouldn't though...wait! Did you know those fuckers dared to ''kill'' the Boss in Zoolander 2? How fucking dare you? I'd bitch slap them all for this one. Ain't fucking funny. We all want Bieber gone but don't you play with the Boss...
Alright record sharing for this week. Another classic which I asume or hope all y'all record lovers already have...
I said that before and I'll say it again. I have mad respect for the Beatles, their music inspired SO much music that we maybe wouldn't enjoy today without them but here's the thing I just can't...literally can't listen to them. Maybe like 10 songs, Help, Back in the USSR, Let it be, All you need is love, Hey Jude...and that's it. I was always team Stones. Their music for me is so much better. But here's the deal I absolutely love Lennon and McCartney's solo work. Imagine is literally one of the best songs ever written. It'a beautiful. The lyrics the message...it's an anthem for peace. And something I wish the entire world would live by. Guess John and I are both a couple of dreamers.
This record is a work of a pure genius and the first album that after the Beatles gave him serious recognition as a solo artist and he wasn't just that one guy from one of the biggest bands in the world. The album obviously starts with the most popular and best song Imagine the lyrics are pretty simple but they make a strong statment. He always wrote such amazing lyrics anyways, he really spoke his mind and that's what made his songs so good. It ends with Oh Yoko which okay may be the happiest song on the album and basically an ode to his wife...and I don't like it one bit. I still feel she had a big role in the Beatles break up and I am not at all happy about that. Jealous guy is perfect. Such a nice ballad and it shows a different side of Lennon. Then you've got Oh my love it's happy and it's such a great song but also so underrated it was never even released as a single yet it should be. Then there's How do you sleep? I can't help but think that that is a very obvious attack on Paul and speaks volumes of their relationship at the time.
This came out in 71' which was a pretty awesome year for rock music, Imagine, the Stones Sticky Fingers, Led Zep, The Who...they all put out new stuff the same year. Anyways you may own this one or not but I would surely recomend it to every music fan. Might take a while to love it or it may not, for me it was love on the first listen. It's something special you got to hear it to understand it.
We miss you John, rest in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment