Monday, July 25, 2016

Born to raise hell

Have you ever listened to this song? It's a beautiful song, the lyrics...it's all I really want from life to be honest...
How are y'all doing today? Had a great weekend? I sure as hell didn't, spent half of it in pain and half of it stoned on pain meds. But let's not go there right now...you know what seems to help with the pain tho? Elvis Presley...he's got a magical voice...yeah, but I won't rant about Elvis and his voice today...today I'm pissed, at myself, at the world, at life so I'll rant about ''angrier'' music...
Motorhead, Motorhead, where do I begin? I have a long lasting romance with this band. Bastards is their 11th album and no doubt my absolute favorite. I loved Lemmy's voice for as long as I can remember and I loved him as a person, he was something special...and the band...the band is absolutely perfect. I remember watching Lemmy's funeral live stream, crying my eyes out...he wasn't just a musician you see, he was THE musician...I miss him yeah. I read somewhere once that Lemmy actually wanted to name the band ''Bastard'' and that didn't work out so well, aparently he was adviced against it since he would never make it on the charts with a name like that...hah I don't see why not but alright. I didn't grew up with Motorhead like with Guns or Bruce I learned to love them on my own. I guess that makes it that much more special. Maybe I can also say that it was Motorhead that got me into some of the heavier metal music that I love and listen to today. Even if Lemmy always claimed that the band is rock n' roll and not metal. Yeah yeah if you're a heavy metal fan you'd love to jump at my throat just about now, I get it but hey take it up to the man I'm only quoting him. Thing is this record is like the heaviest up to that point in time they put out and that's what makes it so amazing. I mean come on it starts with a fucking bang and goes out the same way. I love Motorhead but I can't remember another album that starts as strong as this one. I also love the fact that all these songs are so different, there are no songs alike and this makes it a wild ride. Though you know I said this is a really heavy record there's still ballads on them. I gotta say I was really suprised the first time I listened to ''Don't let daddy kiss me''. It was like a huge ''cultural'' shock to me. I wasn't used to something as soft from Lemmy and I was really surprised. The song is rather nice...because it's a ballad I mean...but maybe it gets in the way on this particular record not to mention the whole subject of the song is pretty...dark and brutal. I suppose what stuck me the most is that this is supposed to be a story of a little girl painting the ''world'', her world in a realistic light. Downright scary. A song about a father abusing his child and right after Bad woman? I don't know, something doesn't feel right here... And there's another thing that kinda sticks out to me did you notice the begining of ''We bring on the shake''? It sounds like it was ripped off from Van Halen. I mean I know it probably isn't...just saying what it sounds like. Oh! And I LOVED the ''Jumping Jack flash'' cover at the end. AMAZING job on that one. Unfortunally mine is a picture disc so it's not one it but it's amazing none the less. Here's the deal if there's one thing to really appreciate on this record *besides everything else I mean* then it's the solos. They are insane. End of story Motorhead can rock, all the good on this album definately outweighs the bad or that one filler. They say in their lyric ''we know how to do it and we do it well'' and they are damn right, this album is brilliant and so much fun, with attitude, straight up rock n' roll with a bit of punk and metal. What more could you ask from a band? So if you're a fan don't let this one slide by, you'll love it I promise, and if you're not...then it's just about time you become one.
Alright guys stay safe, party hard, put on some Motorhead and lets rage. I'll see you on friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment