Monday, May 24, 2021

Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro.

Good evening Europe, how are we feeling today? So now when it's obvious that Saturday night wasn't just a fever dream, oh my god, can you hear me scream? I haven't been as happy with the results of the Eurovision song contest since Lordi won in 2006. Yes as a true ''Euro trash'' person as my friends like to call me due to my language switching back and forth from several languages I watch Eurovision every year and every year I'm upset over the pathetic, boring, whiny winner, and also with what crap we always send to compete but that's a story for another day when I decide if our jury who picks a winner is deaf, blind or just plain stupid. Maybe all of the above tbh.

Here's the deal, I don't get Europeans who don't watch this show, I have said several times their EU membership should be revoked, I guess they're music haters or just plain boring, maybe they just don't know how to have a little fun. The glam, the glitter, the vibe, the scenes, the sets, the lights, the music (some of it anyways) and Graham Norton's comments alone are worth it. My friends and I used to go full Elton John, sparkly dresses, sparkly makeup, feathery boas, sky high heels and an endless ammount of rose, just to sit on the couch and watch the show. Make a full freakin party out of it. Of course usually the drinking at the end was to drown the sorrows but this time it was actually in celebration. Champagne all the way baby because oh my oh my how the tables have turned this year.

Of course the entire show isn't what it used to be, before we get too political or talk about how jury handing out points is just a political move, countries giving points to their neighbors and some such shit (can I just say for once I am proud of my own country for giving Italy 12 fucking points fuck yeah! Finally out of the dumb stereotypes),  please someone explain to me what the fuck is Australia even doing on EUROvision song contest, also no hard feelings but seriously Australia what the fuck was that this year? And also Israel? With a song titled ''Set me free''? the fuck was that? a cruel joke? But BUT, you guys! The jury said Sweitzerland, a pathetic, whiny song, and the jury said France, what the fuck? fake wnb Edith Piaf making me wanna slit open my wirsts. And then THEN you guys the people have spoken and the people said fuck all of you we want Italy (took all the phones in my house and voted as many times as I could, I know I'll be dead when phone bills come in but fuck it lol). And there are no words no words to explain how happy this makes me. Lets face it, few things make me happy these days but this? This sure AF does. 

Not just because rock music won, lets face it we need more real rock n roll in our lives, we need more rock on all types of song contests, the type that's like whiskey, burns a little when you take it in ;) but also because this win is a new era. The band with their winning song is done with the boomers, it's time for the young now. The young have spoken, the young have voted. The LGBT+ have spoken and were also heard with this win and I am over the moon. Even if the offended boomers then when they had nothing left had to accuse the band of doing drugs in the middle of the event. Sure. In a full venue. They somehow smuggled in cocaine. And were doing in right when a huge fucking camera was pointed in their faces. Brilliant. So ballsy. Omg I am so fed up with these narrowminded people judging based on looks, based on some twisted idea of normality. Sick of hatred in general. Just like the song says ''you better shut up and be quiet'', only say it louder for the people in the back. 

For all y'all still not understanding how important this win is. The band came on not just with a loud rock song, ''saving'' rock n roll but with a message, they smashed stereotypes, they smashed the whole toxic masculinity (pay attention to the lead singers ink ''boys do cry''),they smashed the stereotype of love should only be between a man and a woman (cheers guys for all that boy on boy makeout sessions on stage, that got me hot and horny not going to lie lol), they are sending a message to love who ever the fuck you wanna love, fuck gender, fuck what people think, love is love. And they did this at a contest that has audiences all over the world, an estimated 200 million people watch ESC each year, in countries that still have anti LGBT+ laws, and countries that are just narrow minded, homophobic, or just plain hateful, countries that can't bare the idea of a man in makeup and high heels, or god forbid wearing clothes we can only see fit for a woman (women wear pants which are ''male'' clothes, why can't a man put on a skirt?), god forbid a man looking a bit too feminine. The music could be absolute shit and this alone would be enough for me to make them winners. Of course good music is just an added bonus but really this is amazing on so many levels, they are showing the younger generations the importance of accepting yourself for who you are, to love yourself and whoever else you wanna love, and ugly rumors being formed because of that, because they don't fit in your frame of ''normality'', or trying to minimise their win is pathetic and ugly and distasteful. 

For all y'all wanting to attack me ''his head was down he was snorting coke'' fuck you, it takes longer than 2 seconds to snort up a row of coke and fuck you because all he was doing was picking up a broken glass, and fuck you for hating them because they're different, and fuck you for hating them for standing up for gay and bi rights. 

Thank you Måneskin for being you, for brining the breath of fresh air and for standing up for what you believe in, I love it so much, and who knows maybe see you in Italy in 2022. That be great. And also btw just food for thought, Italy and their economy being as it is, step into the bands shoes and just imagine getting entire Europe so fucking horny you collapse your country's economy. If that aint the most badass and the most rock n roll thing you can possibly do then I just don't know what is. Lol. At the end of the day though why am I even getting worked up about this, people are stupid, they'll always be stupid and at the end of the day ''parla la gente purtroppo, parla non sad i che cazzo parla''. Now that I'm done with that, I apologise to all my non EU readers, us Europeans tend to be insufferable during ESC week. Just ask Tumblr users lol. Lucky though all my friends are just as crazy as I am, passionate actually not crazy, and we freak out for a week together. You should have seen us when we were actually AT the song contest. Lol. Craziness multiplied.

Now that I got all the happy and also angry out…can I touch a bit of sadness (why is my brain telling me ''can I play with madness'' instead lol)? You know it hasn't been that long since one of my best friends died, and then another, and then another. Like some sick deathrow, dropping one by one. I don't get it. I can't process it. I don't know how it's fair or right. I don't know how I'm supposed to unpack or even begin to unravel all these emotions. I don't understand how people just expect me to be ''normal'', to cope, to function, to be nice, to tolerate them, to smile and carry on, to work, to be productive. I just wanna scream. I just wanna break things. I don't get it. This world is broken. We all have our own struggles, and our own limits, I get that. But we don't all heal in the same time frame. Some need a year, some need ten, some never get fully better, just sorta functional. Why can't we understand that? Why can't we show if not compassion at least understanding?

It's been hard during this week because one of those friends was always watching Eurovision and being silly with me and if we weren't together we had skype running and watching ''together''. And I know he would just adore these Italian boys and lady, actually I'd send him the link as soon as they won San Remo and we'd probably fangirl for a month in advance. I mean missing someone doesn't really change. You always miss them but when something you used to do together crops up, something that really reminds you of them, then it just gets unbearable, maybe right now that much more because the wound is just too fresh. 

I don't know you guys, life is just hard, if you have any magical solutions as to how to make it easier, without calling Dr. Feelgood that is, I'll be here waiting, in the mean time enjoy this doodle of the pretty Italian ESC winners. Tbh that singer could spit in my mouth and I'd say ''si grazie papi'' just sayin. 



No comments:

Post a Comment