Saturday, June 22, 2024

I'm fighting the changes that are tearing my heart out.

This is gonna sound like such teen angst type of post. Or, I don't know, maybe it's just teen angst in my head. It's hard to think through this pounding headache that never goes away, and the haze of emotion that's hard to decode and pin point, but none of them positive that much I know. I was just talking about that wheel of fortune thing a while back didn't I? How if things have been good and happy for a while they're bound to fall back to misery at some point. I believe I also mentioned I'm afraid of going back to those dark spaces again because they're going to feel like the deepest part of Inferno I've ever been in? Yeah. Seems about right...

I am so tired you guys. So tired of being different. So tired of being yelled at and degraded for things I can not change. So tired of having my feelings invalidated. ''Why are you so sensitive?'' ''What did I say that was so bad?'' ''Why are you making such a big deal out of nothing?'' ''What's wrong with you?''. You see, what is wrong with me? Everything and nothing. And your ''nothing'' is a big deal to me. Do people ever stop, and think before they speak? Do they ever think, that not just their actions have consequences but also that their words carry more weight than they think? To you it's nothing. To me...evil, vile, rude, mean. And I am tired of listening to it daily. Honestly? I am sorry, that I can't be normal, I am sorry I don't fit in the ''kinder, kuche, kirche'' model. People have no idea how badly I wish I was like them, stupid, content, without personal opinion, just another sheep in the flock, following the leaders and not have a single fucking care in the world. Happy in my own bubble. Or happy as a cog in a well oiled machine. NORMAL. I'm sorry that your version of adapting, where it's always ME adapting to everyone else just isn't cutting it. I'm sorry I can't fucking do that. Or better that I don't know how to do it, that I can't find boring mundane conversations ''stress relieving''. I'm sorry I have to stick out like a bruise on pale skin. I'm sorry I don't want what is supposed to be normal. I'm sorry I am apparently not in fact, normal. I'm sorry I don't have my shit together. I'm sorry the world is not a good place for people like I am. I am sorry I am ''crazy''. 

And I'm sorry, that at the end of the day an ''artist'' or as people like to say it ''failed artist'' is all I am. I don't know why that is not enough, but I'm sorry if that's all I really know how to do, express, create, scribble. I wish I was better, I wish I was more, I wish I was everything YOU wanted not me, because if not happy, maybe at least I'd live in peace. I don't know. I just wish things were different I suppose. I wish, I could break free from these barriers, I wish I could rewire my brain, I wish I could see the world, technicolor apparently like you people do. I wish I could just be whatever is supposed to be ''normal''. I wish I could want things that people find normal, white picket fence, 2,5 kids, husband, career, soccer mom car, pastel clothing, Karen hairstyle. I guess I wish I could grow up?

This is the part where I was supposed to be uplifting, where I'm supposed to tell you that it gets better. That the problem is not me, but people around me, degrading me non stop, the world which is really not made to fit people that are a bit different, a bit ''weird''. But I can't. I don't have it in me to be even a smidge positive, I'm sorry guys. The sun may be out and shining but all I'm seeing is darkness. That heavy cloud that lifted a while back? It hit full force and it feels like the world will never be happy again. All I'm seeing is sadness. All I'm seeing is...negativity. I already gave up on being understood or loved, that's out the window, but how about tolerated? Can we do that? I guess that is out of the picture too. So what gives? What remains? How do you change things that can not be changed? Do you just pretend all your life? If so...how do you make it not lead into insanity? Oh right...I used to be normal, I should just go back to that...pretending. Always pretending. Always masking, always keeping the perfect fucking facade on. Because that's what's expected of me, because nobody likes who I really am. Nobody. Nobody. Unlikable. Unlovable. 

I don't know where I'm going with this, reaching out, hoping someone out there feels the same. Making them feel less alone. Or maybe documenting my insanity for someone to read someday, when the last tiny bit of self control goes to hell, and go ''well it all makes perfect sense doesn't it''. I guess it will someday. Just not THIS day. 

I was honestly hoping an answer to all my questions lies in learning about myself. Getting an answer to why I am the way I am. And I got that. And I am grateful. But what changed? A lot. But not for the better. Worse. I expected a moment of clarity. Understanding. Sun shining through those fucking cracks we all have, and that can at the end of the day be beautiful. Golden. Love and light. New start. But what did I get instead? Darkness. Ignorance. Hatred. ''You used to be normal''. Lets face it, I never was ''normal'', I was just damn good at hiding it. And I guess I got lazy, comfortable, let people see the real me, and it was really telling to see who stayed and who bolted. Maybe the most telling is the fact that I lack support in my own family. I get it, you don't understand me, I don't understand you, but if I borrow this from my dear Keith Haring ''you don't have to know anything about art to appreciate it or to look at it. There aren't any hidden secrets or things that  you're supposed to understand.''.  Just like art, maybe some things are not supposed to be understood just accepted, appreciated as they are, dare I say loved? 

I'm not going to preach to you that it gets better, it really doesn't. I never gets any fucking better. What it does, it gets easier. You learn to live with the pain, you learn to ignore it, you learn to grow around it. Should you be forced to do it? Absofuckinglutely not. But here we are regardless, fighting the good fight. 

Salud you guys, I'm grabbing a glass of wine and praying to whatever higher power there is up there that life gets a tiny bit fucking easier. Be safe, love each other and don't forget now and always ''Free Palestine''. 

1 comment: