Saturday, November 21, 2020

I am cancelling my subscription to 2020 because I hated every single minute of it.

SPOILER ALERT; This post contains spoilers about the Supernatural ending, don't read ahead if you haven't yet seen it. Though if you haven't seen it, maybe do yourself a favor and don't watch it, because I swear to Jack I would sell my soul to a crossroads demon to be able to unsee it.

(photo of Facebook, credit to the owners)

So my lovely SPN family how are we feeling today? Pretty fucking terrible aye. I have a hard time even deciding what's the worst part of this ''experience''. It's like I get it all things must end at some point. I'm not that upset that it ended after 15 years. Okay, I am, I'm going to miss the show so much, it's been a constant in my life for 15 years, it's been a comfort through many many many fucking rough weeks, but that's not really the point here. The point is that this ending, this ending was not the ending to my show. I can't believe how they done us so dirty. I can't believe they could ever possibly do this to us, to the loyal fans who've been there since day one who deserved better, and to the actors who gave their all to the show, to the characters and definatelly deserved better.

As a starters I have a huge fucking problem with how they treated Jensen Ackles. My baby, I'm so sorry for what they did to you. Like fuck. He spent 15 years of his life, his talent, his blood, sweat and tears, for this character, for making Dean Winchester who he was. He declined several huge movie roles like the Captain America out of loyalty to SPN and to us. Ackles who would of easily won an Oscar for a movie, because I never doubted for a second that he's too good for Supernatural. An amazing actor, the sheer emotion he can paint with just his face and eyes without a word…amazing. Jensen who was apart from his family for months on end every year to shoot the show for us, missing probably birthdays and important milestones, missing out on his kids lives…Jensen loved Dean and cared about his story more than any writer ever did, he put growth and changes into his character. Ackles grew with Dean and he put thought into every little thing which is what made this character, this show this good. Jensen hated HATED the ending but was convinced or better yet discouraged, lied to, convinced that he's wrong that he's just too close to his character (who wouldn't be after 15 years?) and that the ending is actually good. Fuck you CW, Jensen was right all along, because this ending is shit.

Misha, my other baby…should I even comment? HE DESERVED BETTER.

Y'all gonna sit there and tell me that we watched 15 years of character development, we watched an entire season of Dean fighting tooth and nail to get free, to be free, to be able to live his life as he wants to, just to have him die three days after he was in fact free? Die in a bullshit case his daddy worked 15 years ago. So in the end he died not only the most sensless death ever but he died what he never wanted to be, daddy's little soldier. Fuck that. And you're going to sit there and tell me that in a show where death is an option, where everyone is brought back, where Jack becomes God, he couldn't sweep down and save his fucking life? Are you fucking kidding me?! No no, he was punished, punished for being bi / gay. I know how this shit goes. The entire point of the story, the arc of the story is that they escape the so called destiny they have bestowed upon them. Dean dying young and bloody, Sam living a happy white fucking picket fence life, Castiel just non existant.

And you know what bugs me? The whole…death thing. Dean just letting go, just like that. It's proposterous, Dean was not like that. He would never leave Sammy, Dean who loved and protected his brother just letting him go like that? I don't think so. And Dean who loved Cas who said he needs him, that Cas is his family, just casually chugging down a plate full of pies, never discussing that Cas is gone. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! Is everything a joke?! Dean wanted to live, he applied for a mechanic job, he wanted out of the life, he had a dog! A DOG! I can't take this bullshit honest to god. And Cas who admitted he loved him, he couldn't of appear in that fucking barn and do something? What is that? Please don't start with the whole COVID excuse, COVID didn't write a bullshit ending.

And you know what I hate even more? How they just shut down the whole BI / GAY thing. In the end Dean literally wasn't allowed to even speak! Up in heaven when Bobby tells him that Jack fixed heaven with the help of Cas, what does Dean do? Smiles a tiny smile and just stares into the void, not saying a thing. Not saying ''such a Cas thing to do'' not asking where Cas is. Nothing. I kept checking how many minutes are left, waiting for that one moment that never came. I can't even begin to explain the disappointment.  I'm sorry but after 15 years of Dean being the heart and soul of this show and of the audience, his voice, his experiences, relatable, leading us through thick and thin, helping us grow as well,  15 fucking years of Dean carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders, fighting against all odds, fighting like crazy only to be silenced. Because sure it makes sense, you kill god but a nail will kill you. Are you fucking kidding me?! I know I say that a lot, but like are you? Am I having like some sort of psychic episode and it's really April fools day? Will the real ending premiere next week with Gabriel saying ''you didn't think we're really ending things like this did you'' and with a wink the screen will go black, after obviously things are set right. So because Dean loved a man, and a man loved Dean they didn't deserve a proper ending, they didn't deserve a voice. Dean didn't deserve happiness, he didn't deserve to be loved, hell he didn't deserve to even live. What kinda message is that sending to gay / bi / queer youth? That they don't matter because in the end Dean didn't matter either? I am so disgusted. I am so angry. I am so dissappointed. I literally can't even think about Dean Winchester right now without wanting to commit murder suicide.

Thank you SPN for giving us the stupidest death ever  to a most loved character, thank you for ignoring  a character that's been there carrying this show for 12 years, thank you for being homophobic, thank you for having only one fan favourite in the last episode, thank you for putting the car in heaven ''gonna go for a drive''? the fuck? Those minutes with Dean driving around would be so much better doing literally anything but that! Are you freaking serious?!, thank you for completely ignoring a story line introduced two epsiodes before and never completed, and lets not even get into all other story lines that were never fucking pursued and completed. Eileen?!  Thank you for destroying years of growth and development of characters that led up to that one single fucked up moment . Thank you for going against everything that this show was about, against everything we learned to believe, everything we loved. But mostly thank you, and I mean really thank you,  because the last two episodes were so fucking far removed from anything I love and consider my favourite show that honestly my brain is blocking it out and refusing to believe it happened. Must of been some seriously poorly written fanfic or a hallucination of a really bad ending.

In the end I know this is ''just a show'' believe me after everyone, mostly my family, telling me non stop that I'm insane for getting this involved in ''just a show'' I get it. But what they don't get is that to me, to us, the fans it's really not just a show. It's so much more. I met so many nice people due to it. I learned so much just from watching (not only how to kill just about everything), I felt less alone knowing I am not in fact alone. I actually became stronger ''always keep fighting'' right? In a way my favourite show changed me, and in a way that ending killed me but as Misha said ''even when the story is written, you can write your own ending'' and that's true. They may have robbed us of the perfect ending we all wanted but that won't change the fact that we can write our own ending.

In spite of it all…thank you to the actors for bringing this story alive, for making it what it was up to…you know. I loved growing with the story, I loved watching them grow, I love their friendship and I love my SPN family. The ending just forgetting that family doesn't end with blood means nothing. SPN family still is and always will be family. Alright I'll stop ranting, but you guys if you need someone to vent to, someone to cry to, feel free, comments are always open. I love y'all, we'll get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment